The newly launched OnePlus X in many things looks different from other manufacturer’s design and hardware key features. It is a steal and of course a low-cost Android 4G-enabled smartphone, which is now offering by GearBest at a more affordable price-tag of $279.99 with free shipping.
The smartphone is however available to customers through invites and here’s how to get a White OnePlus X in global markets. Indeed, it is a smaller version of the OnePlus 2, complete with the new Alert Slider. Available with either a black glass or ceramic build.
Unfortunately, the OnePlus X doesn’t carry NFC, fingerprint scanner and USB Type-C port, and the graphics, processor and memory have all be downgraded, though the screen has shrunk down. Nevertheless, the OnePlus X is also cheaper than its predecessor, OnePlus 2.
Specs-wise, the OnePlus X Ceramic edition has a scratch-resistant design that for each model is 25 days in the making – OnePlus calls it a feat of engineering and design, weighs 160g. While the The OnePlus X Onyx is a premium-looking phone with glossy mirror-like black glass on a metal bezel. It has slightly rounded edges, and at just 140x69x6.9mm and 138g is the slimmest and lightest OnePlus phone in the range.
Both the aforementioned models have a brushed anodized metal frame etched with 17 microns. Adds Alert Slider, allowing you to set the priority level for notifications without taking the phone out of your pocket. A power button and volume rocker sit on the device’s opposite side.
Under the hood of OnePlus X, you’ll find a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. You can bolster the 16GB of built-in storage with a microSD card up to 128GB in capacity, or you can use that slot to add a second Nano-SIM card.
Display on the OnePlus X features a 5-inch full-HD (1080p) AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 441ppi. It’s an ambient display that will wake in ‘duochrome’ mode to alert you to notifications. A proximity sensor also wakes the screen when the phone is removed from a pocket or bag.
Photography department on the handset, OnePlus X sports a 13Mp rear camera, with f/2.2 aperture, optimised white balance and saturation, and a fast 0.2-second autofocus with phase detection. There’s also an 8Mp selfie camera at the front. Pre-installed with OxygenOS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box. It also includes onscreen gestures, a file manager and custom quick settings, plus an FM radio.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.1
- Hybrid Dual (nano + nano) SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, ISOCELL 32M sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,
- 8MP front-facing camera, OV8858 sensor, wide-angle lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Dimensions: 140×69×6.9mm; Weight: 138g (Onyx), 160g (Ceramic)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1.2W bottom-facing speaker
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2525mAh built-in battery
You may also like to check out: