After a big success with ZenFone 2, Asus might be working on its next-generation smartphone and was never one with clearly identifiable model names. Nevertheless, new Asus ZenFone made its entry on TENAA‘s website, hinting at the ZenFone 3, joining the list with model number Z00EDB. Certified in China, and the design and aestheics indeed follow its predecessors. More details on what actually the possible Asus ZenFone 3 certificate suggests can be grabbed right after this jump.
As oft-mentioned, the TENAA, a Chinese regulator list a device with a model number Z00EDB, tipped to be the upcoming ZenFone 3, at least one of the lower-specced phones of the category. Looks much like the current ZenFone 2 ZE500CL, the Z00EDB is powered by an unnamed chipset with a 64-bit quad-core 1.2GHz CPU with Mali GPU on-board.
Alleged ZenFone 3 packs a 5 inch display with 720p resolution, paired with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and brings with it expandable microSD card support. The camera on the back is an 8MP unit with a dual-tone LED flash and 5MP on its front-facing. The phone measures 143.7×71.5×10.7 mm, which makes it smaller than the ZE500CL and it’s also 10g lighter at 145g.
The new phone is said to be a 3G connectivity enabled one and comes pre-loaded with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box. It has metal construction and apparently to go on sale in White, Black, Red, Blue, Purple, Silver and Gold color variants.
Asus Zenfone 3 Z00EDB Specifications [TENAA]
- Available in Black, white, red, blue, purple, gold, silver colour
- Metallic Design
- Operating Frequency :- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz , 3G: WCDMA 900/2100 MHz, 4G LTE : Band 38, Band 40, Band 41 (2500-2690 MHZ), Band 1, Band 3, I
- Dimensions :- 143.7 × 71.5 × 10.66 mm
- Weight :- 145 Grams
- Dual SIM
- 5.0-inch IPS display, resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Processor
- Mali GPU
- Android v5.0 Lollipop OS
- 8 MP rear camera with LED Flash, low-light image, HDR mode.
- 5 MP front camera
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- 16 GB Internal memory, Expandable Up To 32GB
- 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro-USB, and Bluetooth v4.0, USB OTG
- G-Sensor, Gravity sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor
Unknown at the far moment on whether an Asus Zenfone 3 will emerge from this device, or just be another addition to the existing ZenFone 2 lineup. Stay tuned!