Xiaomi has officially made available for download MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM for Redmi Note, Mi Max, Redmi 2, Note Prime and Redmi 1s.
Xiaomi has released the MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM and is available on MIUI forum for download, while the stable ROM is expected to be out on August 16th. Many want to try it out, but we suggest you to stay away from Public beta and wait for the official MIUI 8 version.
Moreover, Xiaomi has also assured that it will be soon launching the global beta ROM for Mi 2s, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1s, Mi 5, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 2 and Redmi Note 3.
You can grab the MIUI 8 Beta ROM download link from here. You can either flash it on your device or update the same with OTA if you are running the developer ROM. Before you make any decision, should learn more about it.
The MIUI 8 comes with a plethora of useful features including a dual app setup that lets you register apps using both the SIM cards. For example, you can either use WhatsApp on both your SIM cards on the same device. While the gallery has also been redesigned, special video effects included, scrolling screenshots, improvised calculator with conversion options and a sperate space for office and personal stuff is also allotted.
Highlights On MIUI 8
- Redesigned colors
- New Gallery: 90% more space efficient, quick share controls by swiping up, doodle on drawings, video editing with cropping, adding filters, captions and music
- Mi cloud photos: Local high-res previews, sync full-sized photos to Mi cloud
- Scrolling screenshots: To capture screenshots of whole page
- Dual apps: Let you use two accounts in all your app and dual space to manage work and personal profiles without having to log in and out
- New Calculator: Advanced calculations and conversions
- MIUI caller ID: Crowd sourced caller ID to identify numbers from Amazon, Swiggy, Dominos, Zomato and more
- T9 Hindi keyboard
- Mobikwik integration: For mobile and DTH recharges
- SMS: Now has tags for different messages from Flipkart, HDFC Bank, Vodafone and more, Add booking to calendar
- Power saving mode: Freezes background app activity, suspends syncs, updates and background tasks
- Limits chain start-ups: Prevents unessential apps from starting up, reduces lags and power consumption
You may also like to check out: