Now that Xiaomi has introduced MIUI 7 custom ROM globally at an event in India, which took a week after its announcement in China. Download links for the MIUI 7 beta will be available starting August 24th, 2015. Xiaomi said that MIUI ROMs has over 150 million users throughout 150 countries and regions in just 5 years. Detailed information regarding the new Xiaomi MIUI 7 version of Custom ROM can be checked right after this jump.
I am a Xiaomi Redmi 1s users which came running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box based on MIUI 5 and recently it has been updated to the version MIUI V6.6 and with that upgrade over-the-air my smartphone looks awesome now, and now I will look for the MIUI 7 on Redmi 1s. Xiaomi has confirmed that the MIUI 7 will adopt the same Android OS. On Xiaomi MI4 running MIUI 6 based on Lollipop, the MIUI 7 will also be based on the same operating system, and for other smartphones running on MIUI 6 based on Android KitKat, the MIUI 7 cusyom ROMs will be based on KitKat.
Xiaomi MIUI 7 Key Features:
- 4 different system themes, Rose, Pink Blush, Ocean Breeze, High Life, in addition to the default one
- MUSE Theme creation tool lets designers create themes without any programming
- XXL Text size that adjusts conversation layouts, line breaks to provide greater readability
- Mute specific notifications separately
- Identify a OTP (one time password) from SMS to let you easily copy and paste it
- Optimized system response time by loading data and app animation in parallel. About 30% faster compared to MIUI 6
- Improved battery life by up to 25% compared to MIUI 6 and 10% better battery life for daily use by individually optimizing CPU scheduling mechanism and strict background power management for popular apps
- Interactive Visual Response (IVR) in India for banking, booking air tickets and more from 50 Indian partners.
- New HD wallpapers, with 10 pre-set available on Daily Lock screen rotation (Only for India)
- Baby album groups baby photos in your camera roll conveniently in once place, so you can browse and share pictures easily
- Child Mode limits access to personal information like emails and messages, so that children can access applications only you give access to
- For Mi Band users, it switches your phone to Do Not Disturb (DND) mode automatically when it detects that you’re asleep.
- Showtime can record a short video loop on your phone and exchange contact card with friends. Rolling out in coming months.
- Supports 10 Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese and Punjabi
- Data Saver powered by Opera Max compresses browser and in-app media saving up to 50% of data usage.
The MIUI 7 developer beta ROM will be available for testers who are owning Redmi 1s, Redmi 2, Mi4, Mi3, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G/4G starting 24th of August. Interested in test drive of MIUI 7 beta ROMs can right now apply through MIUI forum from here. Once it’s stable enough, it will be released for general public.