Today is the date when Huawei Mate 8 goes on sale in China, which was announced in November and priced starts at CNY 2,999 (Rs 31,138) for the 32GB Silver edition. It has been announced as the new flaghsip smartphone from the Chinese telecom company in its home town. Listed the all-new Mate 8 smartphone on its China website, which can be accessed here. While the 64GB gold edition is priced at CNY 3,699 (Rs 38,406). The 128GB GB version in champagne gold costs CNY 4,399 (Rs 45,674).
Specifications-wise, the Huawei Mate 8 has an all-metal unibody and runs on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under EMUI 4.0. It flaunts a 6-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS display with 83 percent screen-to-body ratio. Under the heart of hardware is Huawei’s Kirin 950 octa-core (2.3GHz Cortex-A72 quad-core + 1.8GHz Cortex-A53 quad-core) chipset paired with Mali-T880 GPU.
According to the company, you will also find a i5 co-processor for ‘speech recognition, low power consumption MP3, all the functions of a sensor Hub, fused location provider (FLP) navigation, which reduces location-based power consumption’.
Huawei Mate 8 has equipped with a fingerprint sensor on its back and has launched the handset with 4-versions in terms of RAM and storage: 3GB RAM in 32GB model, 4GB RAM in 64GB variant, and 128GB version, that too with a Hybrid Dual SIM slot, and expandable microSD card.
On the photography front, the Mate 8 features a 16-megapixel f/2.0 rear camera with Sony IMX298 image sensor, 1.12um pixel size, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), and optical image stabilization (OIS). It also houses an 8-megapixel f/2.4 selfie camera with Sony IMX179 image sensor. Connectivity options include 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth 4.2 and it has a 4000 mAh battery with the 22 hours talktime, being promised by Huawei.
Dimensions of the Huawei Mate 8 measures in at 157.1mm×80.6mm×7.9mm and it weighs 185g.
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 2.5D glass, 95% wide color gamut
- Octa-Core (2.3GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A53) Huawei Kirin 950 processor with Mali T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable via microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, OIS, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.1× 80.6×7.9mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery
The Monarch edition with champagne gold color is priced at CNY 6,888 (Rs 71,518). Global pricing for all the aforementioned versions will be revealed by Huawei very soon.