The ZUK Edge is equipped with a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 86.4% screen-to-body ratio and 1.63mm narrow frame, is powered by Snapdragon 821 SoC and runs on ZUI 2.5 skin on top. Also said to be coming in two variants, ZUK Edge with 4GB or 6GB RAM and integrated with a fast 64GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage.
There’s still a fingerprint sensor, which is capable of unlocking ZUK Edge in just 0.9 seconds. For selfies, the flagship smartphone sports an 8-megapixel front-facing camera and features a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF + CAF dual focus modes for quick 0.1 second auto focus, f/2.2 aperture and 1.34μm pixel size and much more.
A little bit about the U-Touch biometric scanner which is hidden under the slim glass panel to unlock the phone and use it for secure payments via Alipay, PayPal among others. It also get a heart rate sensor on the back that can measure blood oxygen levels, fluants 2.5D curved glass back as well.
Other ZUK Edge Specifications includes 3.5mm audio jack and in terms of connectivity options, there’s 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE and USB Type-C port.
The battery is you find on ZUK Edge will be a 3100mAh unit that comes with support for Quick Charge 3.0.
Rest in brief:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, 85% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with ZUI 2.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, CAF, 1.34μm pixel size, Samsung ISOCELL sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Dual nano SIMs
- Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate sensor, UV sensor, Altimeter
- Dimensions: 142.9×74.5×7.68 mm; Weight: 160g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD Sound for Hi-Fi audio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Edge release date is set for January 1, 2017. As Lenovo marketing it with a choice of two colors; Ceramic White and Titanium Black. Price information for the 4GB RAM variant is $330 (2229 CNY / Rs. 22460 approx.) and the 6GB RAM version may cost 2499 Yuan ($360 / INR 24,420 approximately).
Note: You will also be getting your hands on a custom Lee Min Ho endorsement version of ZUK Edge L, which is now available to order in China and will officially go on sale starting next month.
You might also like to check out:
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Vs LeEco Le Pro 3 Vs OnePlus 3 Vs Xiaomi Mi5: Price, Specs And Comparison
- Tango-Enabled Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro With Over 35 Apps Goes On Sale For $499