Announced its Qualcomm SD820-powered Zuk Z2 smartphone in China, arrives tactfully late after the Z2 Pro, but with a metal frame and many more to dig and compete at CNY 1,800 ($275/€245).
The Lenovo’s ZUK Z2 features a slightly smaller screen than the Pro version. It comes with a 5-inch full HD 1080p display, which is covered by a 2.5D Curved glass. This gadget is a little thicker, 8.5mm vs. 7.5mm, but equipped with a 3500mAh battery vs 3100mAh. Quick Charge 3.0 is supported over the USB Type-C port that gives 80% of charging in 1 hour. Or else grab a wireless charging pad for CNY 300.
The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZUI 2.0 UI skin on top. It also has a U-Touch 2.0 fingerprint reader that works just 0.1 seconds, can recognize a wet finger as well. Here, you can control the voice calling using a dual SIM card slots with LTE connectivity (Cat.6), with support for China Unicom and China Telecom.
The ZUK Z2 camera uses Samsung’s ISOCELL sensor on its back which is a 13-megapixel, 1/2.6-inch in size with 1.34µm pixels. It supports phase detection AF (PDAF) and electric image stabilization and on its from for selfies, 8-megapixel with 1.34µm pixels. More interesting is that the Z2 capture 4K videos as well as 960fps slow-motion videos on the go.
ZUK Z2 Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Z2 goes on sale in China starting from June 7. Registrations for the sale began already. In India, ZUK Z2 costs Rs. 19,370 approximately and for the wireless charger you will need to pay an amount of almost 3,050 respectively.