Yes we are talking about Oppo R5, the worlds thinnest smartphone launched with stainless steel body and comes with only 4.85mm thick micr-arc frame. Announced at an even in Singapore back in September and today it made its debut in India.
The Oppo R5 packs a 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED display, and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat-based Color OS 2.0. Powered by a Snapdragon 615 chipset with Adreno 405 GPU, 2 gigs of RAM and 16GB of built-in storage, the Oppo’s Android smartphone features 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front-facing sensor.
Commenting on the launch, Tom Lu, CEO, OPPO India, said:
This phone has been developed with the end user in mind. We used cutting edge manufacturing techniques to create a phone that fits perfectly into the users’ hands, and that feels incredible. The frame has been forged nine times and then finished by hand to give a perfect sheen and feel. It has a quality that is not available anywhere else in the industry. The R5, like the rest of the R series delivers a truly stylish, exquisite and distinctive design and will continue to delight our customers with its innovative yet practical functions.
Oppo R5 Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- Color OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, Schneider lens
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4.85mm thick
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 2000mAh battery with VOOC Rapid Charge
The Oppo R5 is priced at Rs. 29,990 in India and pre-orders starts from January 1, 2015. Available to buy later in Silver color variant.