Finally comes out as following thorough leaks, the Sony Xperia E5 was just made official today. Announced E5 with better specs and price tag that continues it fury against its competitors. Now listed on the company’s website, along with a confirmation of its previously rumored key features and many more.
The Sony Xperia E5 has a 5-inch HD display with a screen of 720p resolution and is powered by MediaTek’s MTK6735 with four 1.3GHz Cortex-A53 cores. There’s still has 1.5GB of RAM, includes 16GB of internal storage which is further expandable using a microSD card to finish the picture of an entry-level smartphone.
On the other side of the things, the Xperia E5 measures 144 x 69 x 8.2 mm and weighs in at 147g, runs on Android Marshmallow version 6.0 out-of-the-box and carries a 2700mAh battery, that should offer quite enough capacity for the MediaTek chipset, with Sony promising “up to 2 days battery life”.
Camera setup you will find of a 13-megapixel rear shooter with a single LED flash and a 5-megapixel on its front for selfies lovers, with its own flash for better low-light selfie shots. Other than that, it also has included support for NFC, Cat.4 LTE connectivity, as well as optional Dual-SIM standby, comes as Xperia E5 Dual.
Details in brief
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 1.5GBRAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM ( E5 dual only)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 144 x 69 x 8.2 mm; Weight: 147g
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1,GPS NFC
Available to buy in Graphite Black and White colors and will be offering Xperia E5 in Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa starting late June 2016. Pricing chart shows at 199 Euros (US$ 221) in Europe, In India, Xperia E5 costs Rs. 14,900 approximately.
(Source: Sony Mobiles)