Sony has just began rolling out Android Lollipop v5.0.2 update for all its older XPERIA Z lineup, and confirmed that appears on the Sony Xperia ZR. The firmware updates are currently available over the air, but expected to pop up soon at Sony PC Companion as well. Two weeks ago, Sony release a new firmware update for Xperia Z2 and Z3 phones, which it brings version 5.0.2 Android Lollipop with bug fixes, nw features and killed some errors. Today, this similar version of the Android Lollipop update rolled out for the Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact as well as Z Ultra phbalet.
The new update brings the build number to 10.6.A.0.454. Size at about 700MB big and sweeten the Xperia Z and ZR with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS among other improvements such as:
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Google Material design across the UI and compatible apps
- Intelligent lock screen notifications and customizable settings
- Support for multi-user profiles and guest mode
- Move apps to SD card option
In order to get downloaded and installed on your Xperia Z series, you’ll need at least 1.2GB of free storage space (almost 2GB required before the OTA Downlad), and follow the installation process carefully before that backup your files.
Various user reports suggests that the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update is now live in Bolivia, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Hong Kong, among others. More regions will ne joining pretty soon. Now that Android L is rolling uot on the Xperia Z and Xperia ZR, the Xperia ZL and the Xperia Z Tablet upgrades should be just around the corner.
Check the complete log of the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Xperia Z2 and Z3, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage.
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once.
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications.
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent” .
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices) .
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode.
Finally, the new update comes with changes and improvements including the Material Design UI, updated lockscreen, ability to transfer apps to SD card, support for multi-users, guest mode and much more.