Sony has launched Xperia Z3+, the company’s latest flagship phone in India. Announced last month as the Xperia Z4 global variant and which comes with upgraded specs. The model had earlier been launched in Japan as Xperia Z4, now hits the shelves in India as Xperia Z3+. Processor and software amonth the major improvements, the new comer over its predecessor brings 64-bit Snapdragon 810 Octa-Core CPU clocked at (four 1.5GHz cores + four 2GHz cores).
The smartphone runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box with a thinner 6.9mm design and 152 grams of weight. The Sony Xperia Z3+ comes with a 25mm wide-angle 5.1MP front camera for better selfies, compared to the 2.2MP front camera of Xperia Z3. Now has superior auto mode for selfies, including soft snap, night portrait, backlight portrait and infant. And on its main camera package it brings 20.7MP sensor with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, 4K video recording and a 5.1-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera with EXMOR R sensor.
The microUSB port is not covered by a flap in the new model, it still carries the IP68 rating for resistant against water and dust, likely due to a nano coating. Sony has however reduced the battery capacity of the Xperia Z3+ compared to the Z3, which it packs a 2930mAh unit. It also has Sony’s new LDAC audio compression codec that promises high-quality wireless music playback and high-quality music experience.
Key Specs Of Sony Xperia Z3+:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine, 600 cd brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 ( 4x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + 4 x 2.0 GHz ARM A57 ) processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with 1/2.3″ Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording
- 5.1MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 6.9mm; Weight: 144 grams
- 4G LTE cat.6 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2930mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
Available in White, Black, Copper and Aqua Green colors. Priced at Rs. 55,990 with a free Quick charger worth Rs. 3,490 and the smartphone has a screen protector installed out of the box. Goes on sale across India starting today.