Talking about the 2013’s Xiaomi Mi3 flagship smartphone, which is now reveiving MIUI 6 update based on Android 4.4 KitKat in India. Xiaomi at the Mi4 launch event in India already confirmed that the Xiaomi Mi3 will get the update starting Wednesday. And now it started rolling out.
The Chinese company has also clarified that the MIUI v6 update will be rolled out to all the smartphone sold in Indian market. Includes Mi 3 and Redmi Note 4G, whereas the Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 3G will get the MIUI 6 update in early March.
The Xiaomi Mi3 is now getting the update over-the-air (OTA) with build number MIUI V220.127.116.11.KXDMIBL and about 550MB in size. Connect to a wireless network, WiFi to download and update MIUI 6 on Xiaomi Mi3, which brings with it a plathora of features including optimizations for contacts; enhanced smoothness of mail details page; reduced power consumption for POP3 and IMAP accounts and when switching pages.
Key features of the MIUI v6 are as follows – the update include support for choosing text fonts, colours, sizes and some other options when editing a mail, and now swiping right will mark unread messages as read in the Messages app. For emails, this new update for Mi 3 brings with it are automatic save option when typing text in quick reply box in mail, stop downloading all attachments in one press. For instance, when replying to all recipients of a mail with attachments, it will ask if you want to include attachments of the last mail when you try to add more recipients.
Not only the aforementioned, but the MIUI 6 update for Mi3 also brings some fixes along with it for attached images that did not show; synced mails that were deleted on PC; notifications for mail showing repeatedl;y in Notification mode, and a bug where after changing password of exchange accounts, syncing mails on handset did not prompt ‘incorrect password.’
Description of key of features of MIUI v6.0:
- Manage apps: Users can group their favourite apps in batches, widgets.
- Animations: With MIUI 6, smartphone browsing experience is set to reach new level. Be it transition from one app to another or installing new apps will not be ordinary anymore, there will be life-like movements and there will be rainbow effect when uninstalling apps, says the company.
- Notification: The new clutter-free interface brings smart-floating notifications with simple drop down banners/pop-ups.
- Security: MIUI 6 provides more control to users so that they can keep tab on apps’ back-ground activities, data-usage on phone, app permission options and more.
- Themes Store: The new update will provide user access to over 5,000 MIUI themes.
- Email: This app can put all mails with the same subject into one folder so that user can see what’s new at a glance and also decide, which emails he/she wants to read first and when. Several types of mail accounts are supported and users just have to fill in their email address and password
Owning a Xiaomi Mi3 in India can be able to update to MIUI 6 right away. The company has given its last chance to buy Mi3 in India earlier this month. On Wednesday, the “China Apple” launched Xiaomi Mi4 in India for Rs. 19,999 for 16GB variant without 4G LTE connection. Goes on Sale on February 10 via Flipkart.