Xiaomi has launched its first stock Android One flaghsip, named Mi A1. A new flagship largely focused on the Indian market.
While all Xiaomi phones till today featured the company’s custom “MIUI”, but the Mi A1 offers stock Android. The first in a new Xiaomi lineup of Android One devices, with Google looking forward aggressively target the budget segment in emerging markets.
With the tagline of “created by Xiaomi, powered by Google,” the Mi A1 has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, a metal body, and a dual-camera system that includes a secondary telephoto lens for 2x zooming and portraits with shallow depth of field.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 has now been launched as a new Android One device in collaboration with Google. If that sounds familiar, well, Xiaomi isn’t shy about it. Like the near-identical Mi 5X announced recently in China, the Mi A1 has Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 processor – strikes a great balance between performance and battery life – with the power capacity of 3080mAh unit.
Other details includes a 4GB RAM, 64GB of storage and runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat out-of-the-box with the August security patch. The Mi A1 highlight feature is the integration of a dual 12-megapixel cameras at the back, with Xiaomi offering a similar configuration as the flagship Mi6. Here’s a brief look at the hardware.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display, 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3mm; Weight: 165g
- 3.5mm audio jack, dedicated 10v amplifier
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The new Mi A1 phone will get Android 8.0 Oreo by 2017. The one smartphones to get Android P. Xiaomi said that Mi Camera, Mi Remote and Mi Store apps will be pre-installed. Most interesting things about Mi A1’s inclusions is that it will come with unlimited high quality photo and video backups in Google Photos.
It has a unibody metal design with rounded edges and is just 7.3mm thick. It has a built-in battery and comes with 380v charger to handle power spikes. With that said, starting from India, Mi A1 phones will be promoted with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets that will help to diffuse and radiate heat quickly.
Xiaomi Mi A1: Price & Release Date
The Mi A1 will be sold exclusively on Flipkart online, as well as also available at Mi Home stores and Mi.com directly, including other offline retail partners starting September 12th at 12 noon. It comes comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors. Priced at Rs. 14,999 ($230 USD) – offers 200GB additional data for Airtel users.
Note: The Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone will be rolled out in other Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and LATAM regions.
- iOS 11 GM / Beta 10 Download And Expected Release Date Details: Here’s Everything
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 [Tutorial]
- Pokemon Go 1.43.1 IPA And 0.73.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- LibreELEC Kodi 17.4 Krypton 8.1.1 Beta Download Now Available
- Download: iOS 11 Beta 9 IPSW And OTA Update For Developers Released
- Download iOS 11 Beta 9 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]