New Xiaomi Mi Max is what budget-minded fans of huge display and a bigger battery have been waiting for has been introduced. Featuring a 6.44-inch fullHD (1080×1920) pixel resolution screen, the Mi Max also carries a 342ppi engine. And becomes the China-based company’s biggest smartphone-tablet, phablet in Xiaomi Mi series.
Announced Xiaomi Mi Max. Rest of its specifications includes 6.44″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16 MP camera, Fingerprint scanner and other connectivity and very useful features. Xiaomi’s next smartphone is a giant, dwarfing even its Mi Note and Mi Note Pro phablerts in size and what to say about Mi Max, comes with a massive screen-size.
It has a full metal unibody design and Mi Max measures in at 7.5mm thick and comes with hybrid SIM slot that let users use the second slot as a expandable microSD card when required more space. Battery package that Xiaomi Max includes is of 4850mAh capacity that would be another asset in introducing it to the world.
Wait! There are three versions in total. Unveiled the top version Mi Max with a Snapdragon 652 chipset, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Also has 32GB./64GB options as well. The most affordable model of Mi Max uses the Snapdragon 650 instead and holds 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
The Xiaomi Mi Max runs on the new MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and underneath it has a fingerprint sensor on the back for extra security. Photography front, the Xiaomi’s new Mi Max phablet boasts a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash and a 5-megapixel selfie shooter (with an 85° lens).
The Mi Max will be available to purchase in Silver, Light Grey and Gold, which will go on its first sale on May 17.
Xiaomi Mi Max Specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, 4GB with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4850mAh (typical) / 4760mAh (minimum) battery
The Snapdragon 650-powered Mi Max with 3GB RAM, 32GB variant will cost CNY 1,500 ($230/€200), in India (Rs. 15335 approx.).
The 64GB Mi Max with Snapdragon 650 chipset priced at 1699 Yuan ($260/€230/ INR 17,375).
Finally, the top-end Mi Max model with Snapdragon 652, 4GB RAM, 128GB of built-in storage will set you back at CNY 2,000 ($300/€270), which translates to Rs. 20,445 in India. Buyers can pre-order Mi Max in China starting today, and will go up on sale from 17th of this month. Unfortunately, no global launch dates have been thrown out yet.