Today in India, Xiaomi has launched its affordable Redmi Note 3 with Hexa-Core Snapdargon 650 SoC, and tipped about Mi5 launch date as well. At the event held in New Delhi, Hugo Barra, Vice President of Xiaomi Global said that there are plans to make Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone available in April.
The Xiaomi Mi5 will be available on March 1 and over 16 million fans have signed up for a chance to buy the device. Although, Xiaomi is famous for flash sales, during which smartphones sell out in a matter of minutes or seconds. Pre-registration numbers for the sale indicate that customers in China are excited for the Mi5 purchase.
Announced during Mobile World Congress (MWC) this year in Barcelona last week, and the Xiaomi Mi5 made its debut in Europe, and planning to sell its flagship device in China. Still got no plans to sell the device in the U.S., but reports indicate the Mi5 includes the network bands that would allow it to run LTE in America. Finally at the Redmi Note 3 launch in India, it has given the fact that it will make it into the country by or in April.
Specifications-wise, the Xiaomi Mi 5th-flaghsip features a Qulacomm Snapdragon 820 chip, 5.15-inch Quad-HD display, and available in two variants, 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage. The Xiaomi Mi5 Pro model packs a 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage and all the three models of Mi5 offers the option for expandable microSD card slots.
The mobile device uses 16-megapixel rear camera and 4MP UltraPixel front-facing snapper, a 3000mAh battery with Quick Charging 3.09 and a USB Type-C port also integrated. Xiaomi has also introduced a fingerprint scanner on the device.
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g; Ceramic: 139g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi5 32GB model will sell for 1999 yuan ($306), the 64GB model will sell for 2299 yuan ($356) and the 128GB model will sell for 2699 yuan ($413).
You may also like to check out: