Launch date for Xiaomi Redmi 3 has already been revealed by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer earlier this week, alongside about its display size as well. Another clarification comes through a new teaser posted on Weibo, confirming that that the Redmi 3 battery will accompain a massive 4100mAh unit and to support a Dual SIM functionality and what’s more considerable is that it has an expandable microSD card support up to 128GB.
Specifications that have been officialy confirmed are its screen size of 5-inch, 4,100mAh battery and Redmi 3 phone features an all metal body with an unique plaid design on the back. Under the hood, Xiaomi this time thrown the power of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 615 SoC, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
On the photography front the Redmi 3 camera with 13MP found on its back and an 5-megapixel on its front facing. As the whole device will run on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based MIUI 7 skin on top. Interestingly, it is said that the Redmi 3 SIM slots comes with the likes of Motorola Moto X Play and X Style into India market.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 back has 4000 diomand shaped patterns, inspired by the stars in the night sky-esque. It supports 4G LTE connectivity options and more.
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
About the Redmi 3 price and other details can be had at the official announcement on January 12, Teusday.