Xiaomi has announced a new variant of the Redmi 3 in China, as Redmi 3s, which has a 5-inch HD screen and comes with mid-range specs and price. Release date and other details are provided here.
The Redmi 3s is now official. It has been launched with full metal (magnesium) alloy unibody design, which is 8.5mm thick and weighs at 144 grams. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor, paired with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and also available in 3GB RAM and 32GB storage options.
On the photography front, the Redmi 3s sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF sensor and secondly, it carries a 5-megapixel camera for selfies. On the connectivity front, it has support for hybrid Dual SIM slot that lets you insert a microSD card into the secondary nano SIM slot for storage expansion if required. It offers 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS + GLONASS options and packs a 4100mAh battery.
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s will be available in Dark Gray, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at 699 Yuan (US$ 106 / INR 7120 approx) for the 2GB RAM plus 16GB ROM and for the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant, it will set ypu back at 899 Yuan ($136 / Rs. 9165 approx.). Both the Redmi 3s models will go on sale starting June 16 via mi.com in China. No details on the global availability has been made yet.
You may also like to check out: