Lenovo-owned Zuk has unveiled its new Z2 Pro Android smartphone in China at an event. On the same stage, Lenovo has also sent out invites to Indian media teasing about the Zuk Z1 launch in the country.
The new Lenovo Zuk’s Android flagship runs the op-of-the-line Snapdragon 820 chipset, includes 6GB of RAM and has beefed with 128GB of internal storage. The latest comes featuring an ultra-bright 5.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, a 13-megapixel otical image stabilized rear camera, and a package of 3100mAh battery inside.
With all the oft-mentioned configurations, the Zuk’s Z2 Pro plugs in over USB Type-C port with USB 3.1 support. More interesting element on this new smartphone would be that it includes a built-in heartbeat sensor, UV sensor, fingerprint scanner, and alimeter. Zuk also claims that this phone syncs with iCloud, which will be fair to try out when it ships.
ZUK Z2 Pro Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display, 500nits brightness, 100,000: 1 dynamic contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPPDR4 with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPPDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.34μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, ISOCELL sensor, Hybrid PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner, heart rate sensor, UV sensor, altimeter
- Dimensions: 145.4×70.5×4.6~7.45 mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3100 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Revealed the price for Zuk’s Z2 Pro with 6 gigs RAM + 128GB storage model, which set you back at 2,699 Yuan, roughly around Rs 27,000 (about $416 US). A more modest edition with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage will be available next month.
Now that, Zuk’s Z1 is set to launch in India, as the invites comes just after Z2 Pro unveil. The Z1 is said to be available in two variants, one with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage and other with 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage. Rest of specifications includes a 5.5-inch full HD IPS display. It is powered by a Snapdragon 801 chipset paired with 3GB of RAM, and offers 64GB internal storage, with no option for expansion. For photography, the Z1 comes with a 13MP rear OIS camera and 8MP selfie shooter, but its power packed with 4100mAh battery with Quick Charging. On software front, the ZUK’s Z1 runs on ZUI based on Android Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Other features include dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi and USB Type-C support. The 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant will be available for order from May 10th.