For the low-cost Android smartphones, Google has been pumping out lightweight versions of its most popular apps. Under the Android Go banner, such as seen sunlight on YouTube Go, Google Maps Go, and even a brand new service called Files Go – designed specifically to clear up storage space on your device. Now Google is rolling out its latest lightweight app called Assistant Go, which can be downloaded and installed on your current Android phone.
Assistant Go, a simplified version of the Google’s AI service that takes up less storage space on your smartphone. The only downside is that you lose a bunch of popular features, including the ability to set reminders, control smart Home devices, and Actions (third-party extensions similar to Amazon Alexa Skills). With those limitations on-board, you can still use Assistant Go to ask questions, get directions, and even control other features on your phone using voice commands.
Google’s new app is officially limited to cheaper devices in emerging markets, but if you want to try it for yourself you can grab the APK for your current Android device. You will need to do is download the Android Application Package on your phone or tablet. Once it’s ready, tap on the file and select “Yes” to confirm, you want to install it.
Just doing so and following the instructions guide, you’ll be running Assistant Go – and clearing up some extra storage space on your device in the process.
(Download: Assistant Go APK from here)
You may also like to check out:
- Know About Google ‘Yeti’ Game Streaming Project
- Download: Kodi 18 Android TV Alpha APK Brings Google Assistant Support
- Pokemon Go 1.61.1 And 0.91.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 2 IPSW, OTA Released For Testing
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes, Is It Possible?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]