Kodi 17.5.1 APK download for Android has now been released to fix startup crash issue of version 17.5. Here are the details.
Just yesterday, the team behind Kodi has released Kodi 17.5 final version updated app, and they use Android device, have noticed that after installing version 17.5 on their devices, they experienced an issue that made the app unusable.
Fix for that was required as soon as possible. That is, the app would simply crash immediately when trying to start it. That is something which show-stopping bug developers have nightmares about. Thankfully, now the folks behind Kodi have been able to quickly patch it, pushed an update out in accelerated time, fixing the issue for those impacted because of it on Android.
Nothing more than a bug fixer, the new release – numbered as version 17.5.1, is only available for Android devices as the 17.5 startup issue only occurred on Android-powered devices and does not actually offer anything new beyond the important fix factor.
“IMPORTANT: If you are having issues with Android v17.5 update please redownload the “v17.5.1” version.”
No more modified enhancements or performance improvements have been made to this, as we highlighted previously in yesterday’s release. What you can expect from Kodi version 17.5 is the same as it goes for this release. Be sure to check out our full post on the latest big release of Kodi, but the big improvements are:
– Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
– More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
– Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
– Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
– Fix up and down buttons on IR remotes with macOS High Sierra
– Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
– Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
– Fix power message handling for CEC
– Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
It matters more if the app will not launch so top marks to the folks at Kodi who have been able to get this updated version 17.5.1 into the hands of users so quickly.
You can download Kodi 17.5.1 APK for Android devices from here. It’s absolutely free-of-charge/cost.
Next up to pick:
- Spoof Or fake Location In iOS 11 iPhone X [No Jailbreak Required]
- Download Kodi 17.5 IPA, APK, DEB File Of Final Version For iOS, Android And More
- Kodi Android Installer Addon: How To Download And Use It [Guide]
- What’s New In iOS 11.1 Beta 5 Release Notes And Changelog
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]