Apple is going to announce its latest quarterly earnings report regarding its Apple Watch sales, so we can get a good idea of the device’s performance thanks to research companies.
On Tuesday, July 31 is the date when Apple’s CEO and CFO will more than likely be asked in some way or another on how many Apple Watch devices it has sold. Before that, Canalys is out with a new report covering the smartwatch industry during Q3 and Apple Watch continues to grow at a solid rate…
According to the data, Apple shipped almost 3.5 million Apple Watch units during the second quarter of 2018, up 30% compared to the same Q2 last year. As a whole, 10 million smartwatches were shipped during the second half.
At the keynote, Apple’s CEO and CFO won’t answer that question directly, but they only are able to glean at least in part just how successful Apple’s smart wearables is for the company’s revenue based on the numbers that the Cupertino-based firm announces later this month. With the latest report, gives Apple a pretty positive picture for its Apple Watches.
Especially, the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE model is looking like a popular option, in Asia. Shipments, excluding in China, of smartwatches, surpassed 250,000 in the second quarter, with 60% of that being the cellular-connected option. Despite Apple’s strong year over year growth in Watch sales, however, it actually lost 9% of its market share. It has also been explained that both Fitbit and Garmin saw an increase in sales during the quarter, pushing Apple’s share from 43% to 34%.
Indeed, it seems like the LTE-connected Apple Watch has been dominating the market share earlier this year as well. Apple competitors are seeing their smartwatch shipments pass the million unit mark quarterly there had to differentiate future like “advanced heart-rate metrics, smart coaching, and mapping.” In turn, this is, however, eating into Apple’s own smartwatch market share.
The Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE performed exceptionally well in China during the most recent quarter. And Apple is still expanding the availability of the Apple Watch Series 3, though. In June it expanded to two additional regional wireless carriers in the United States, and the cellular-variant expanded to as well. Most recently in May, Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE launched in Sweden, India, Denmark, and Taiwan. Those numbers brought the total country count to 16 around the world.
Although rumors claiming that Apple Watch Series 4 with larger displays and other enhancements such as enhanced heart-rate detection would be introduced next month alongside the 2018 iPhones, if possible.
Up next to check out:
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]