Apple has released for download iOS 11.2 beta 1 IPSW links and over-the-air OTA update for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device. Changes we are expecting include some important ones when compared to iOS 11.1 beta test builds. It is currently available for registered members of Apple Developer Program with immediate effect.
After being in a period of flux and development from its initial introduction back in June at this year’s WWDC, Apple has continuously been progressing the iOS 11 platform since that initial release.
It has been followed by public introductions of iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3, with iOS 11.1 still settled in beta but about to be released in final form to everyone, and now, we have iOS 11.2 available to download in its first beta format. What’s new? When asked, we’re expecting it include Apple Pay Cash, Messages in iCloud, and AirPlay 2 support.
In brief and short, the Apple Pay Cash has been available for employees to test, but beta versions including iOS 11.1 have not added support. Messages in iCloud were also been available during the iOS 11 beta period, and AirPlay 2 has not been available as yet.
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus / X marketing still wallpapers now available on older iPhones
- Feedback app included during beta
- No sign of Apple Pay Cash or Messages in iCloud yet, some level of AirPlay 2 present
- Calculator bug caused by slow animation fixed
- Some emoji are tweaked
iOS 11.2 beta appears to only be available to developers so far, a public beta version will likely follow in a few days. This release of 11.2 beta 1 hasn’t been entirely unexpected. Brazilian developer Guilherme Rambo through Twitter predicted that Apple was positioning itself to make this release sometime this week. He posted a screenshot which has been taken from a hidden URL on Apple’s developer portal suggesting that the iOS 11.2 initial pre-release would contain “bug fixes and improvements.”
This release contains a multitude of fixes, generic improvements and stability enhancements which should take iOS 11 to the next level in terms of its development.
Some of which are detailed here:
Apple will have also likely patched a number of security issues which have been identified. Apparently that there will be a little bit more to this build given the fact that it’s released as iOS 11.2 rather than iOS 11.1.1. Very soon, we will be finding what has been changed and what’s new coming.
You can grab the OTA update from Settings > General > Software Update or IPSW file directly from developer.apple.com. Once when the public beta update is made available for testers of Apple Beta Software Program, we’ll let you know. Stay tuned.
Update x1: watchOS 4.2 beta 1 for Apple Watch and tvOS 11.2 beta 1 for Apple TV is out as well.
- Amazon Best Deals On iPhone X Cases, Wireless Chargers, Other Accessories Of All Prices
- Download: Kodi 17.6 RC1 APK, IPA For Android And iOS Released
- Download GBA4iOS 2.1 iOS 11 IPA On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]