Apple first introduced Face ID on the iPhone X removing the Home button, which has been impressively popular. But that features wasn’t scrutiny, particularly during its early days, people who have used this feature are very much in favor of it.
It has already been tipped that there’s a possibility of Face ID feature making its way to other devices like the Mac machines, for example. According to a new patent filing, making a small mention of similar features, although in a slightly different context.
According to the patent, how a “computer may apply a face detection algorithm at step 92 in order to detect the subject’s face of a depth map.” More accurately, this application talks almost about controlling Macs with simple gestures using arms, head, and torso.
This application, in particular, mentions employees of PrimeSense as the investors. Apple recently acquired PrimeSense back in 2013 following their work with Microsoft’s Kinect sensor.
Going through the patent application, the general feeling is that Apple wants to bring the technology responsible for Face ID (Face Recognition Sensor), like depth mapping, to Mac systems in an attempt to allow users to control them using gestures.
Currently, in this situation, nothing is real and clear. Apple is thinking beyond authentication, which is primarily what Face ID does today. It is also possible that this technology won’t see the light of the day anytime soon. Face ID, however, is expanding to other iOS devices, with the 2018 iPhones and iPad Pros expected to carry the feature, too.
Next up to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta 6 Download Of IPSW Links And OTA Update Along With watchOS 5, tvOS 12, macOS 10.14 Released
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]