You can now download Electra 1.0.2 jailbreak IPA for iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2 in order to fix APT 0.7 strict error, among other things.
This release comes just after initial 1.0 and 1.0.1 releases and is mainly arrived in response to Saurik allegedly trying to block CoolStar’s Cydia fork for iOS 11 by issuing an APT update which broke Cydia on Electra jailbroken devices.
Recommended not to just yet try to download and jailbreak your iOS 11.0-11.1.2, as it is somewhat throwing errors. As can be seen in the official release notes of 1.0.2 version of Electra below.
This version “fixes APT 0.7 Strict on devices that updated to the broken copy on Saurik’s repo, blocks package installation from Saurik’s repo, and fixes the last issue with liberiOS being detected as topanga (/etc/dropbear)”.
Through his Twitter account, CoolStar has detailed the update by informing that “on Electra 1.0.2, Saurik’s repo will fail to load with “Connection Refused. This is normal.”, and also “if Saurik’s repo appears empty on Electra 1.0.2 and there’s an error loading Saurik’s repo, this is normal. This is a feature. Not a bug.”
Here’s Electra 1.0.2 official changelog:
– Fix false positives where Electra would think topanga was installed when only liberiOS was
– Prevent loading packages from saurik’s repo (since Cydia can’t be patched to remove it)
– Fix APT 0.7 Strict (lib) on devices that may have already updated to the broken copy from saurik’s repo
Electra 1.0.2 can be downloaded from the cofficial page over at coolstar.org/electra.
Once downloaded, you can simply follow the guide here on how to jailbreak your device using Electra: How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra With Cydia [Tutorial].
And of course, we will keep you updated on all the latest from jailbreak world. Stay tuned for more on this!
You may also like to check out:
- AppSync Unified 6.1 For iOS 11 Electra Jailbreak With Cydia Released
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Cydia Compatibility List For Electra
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch The Easy Way
- iOS 11.2.6 Release Notes, Changes, Security Content: Everything You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra or LiberiOS [Updated]