The wait is over now. You can download the final version of Kodi 17.5 APK, IPA / DEB file for Android, iOS respectively, as well as for macOS, Windows, and other compatible platforms.
It was initially made available as Nightly builds back in August, followed by Release Candidate (RC) builds in September, Kodi 17.5 is mainly issued as a bug fix release which aims to provide a smoother Krypton experience until the final version of 18.0 Leia arrives sometime later this year or early next year.
Release notes and as far as changes go, Kodi 17.5 Krypton includes fix for joystick’s accelerometers preventing the screensaver from coming up. And also fixes something to give better audio output on Android devices, fix for DVD playback over Linux network, FFmpeg update to version 3.1.11, IR remotes fix for High Sierra, among other bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements and enhancements. You can check out the full official changelog of Kodi 17.5 below:
– Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
– More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
– Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
– Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
– Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
– Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
– Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
– Fix power message handling for CEC
– Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
Those running an older version of Kodi Krypton can do an updating to this latest version for a smoother experience, which is very much recommended.
You can download the Windows, Mac and Linux version of Kodi 17.5 from kodi.tv/download directly. For your convenience of iOS and Android users (including those with Fire TV range of devices), we have IPA and APK files of Kodi 17.5 ready for download from here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 11.1 Beta 5 IPSW Links On Developers Test Devices
- Kodi Android Installer Addon: How To Download And Use It [Guide]
- What’s New In iOS 11.1 Beta 5 Release Notes And Changelog
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]