After releasing the Gboard keyboard app in the U.S. last month, Google has officially made available to download Gboard keyboard in the United Kingdom (UK), Australia, Canada and Ireland last Friday. Now that the search giant has officially launched Gboard keyboard app for India customers, specially for iOS devices. Here are the details on what it brings with it and uses of such keyboard for iPhone and iPad.
Google’s Gboard is a sort of a keyboard app that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emojis, share web pages at one-click of the button and lots more. In addition the offering a text-entry experience, the Gboard also packs a huge emphasis on allowing users to quickly search for things without ever having to leave the short messaging app they are in, alternatively.
Using Gboard keyboard app on your device, you can use Glide Typing by sliding four fingers from key to key instead of tapping. Moreover, you can even search for animated emojis using simple text such as “sad”, “smiling”, “sick” etc.
You will be able to search and share contacts without opening the contacts app, how? Switch on “contacts search” in Gboard search settings to enable it, or else move the cursor easily by sliding your finger on the space bar. From a perspective of privacy and data usage, might really want to check out this “What Gboard sends to Google” section of the iTunes metadata before downloading and providing full access permission to this newly released keyboard extension.
Highlights of Google Gboard for iPhone
- Search and send anything from Google: Nearby stores and restaurants, Videos and images, Weather forecasts, News and articles, Sports scores and anything else you’d search on Google
- GIFs – Search GIFs for the best reaction
- Emoji Search – Find the perfect emoji, faster
- Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
The Gboard also sends anonymous statistics to Google help diagnose problems when the keyboard app crashes and to let them know which of its features are used most often, but it doesn’t send the words you type since they are been stored in the phone itself.
(Download: Gboard for iPhone and iPad free from the App Store)
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 9.3.2 / iOS 9.3.3 Status Update [Latest]
- Download iOS 10 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Microsoft Word Flow Keyboard For iPhone Brings Easier On-Handed Texting Mode And More
- New Google’s Indic Keyboard Adds Support For 10 Indian Languages