WhatsApp has just started distributing a much-awaited update for its iPhone client via the iOS App Store. As WhatsApp for iPhone received an update bringing a host of new features in sync with the new iOS 10 update. You can now download the latest update version 2.16.10 of WhatsApp for iOS 10.
Once the latest WhatsApp update hits your iPhone it will let Siri make a call for you on the platform and even send messages with a simple command. Alongside, there are also a few nifty features to improve in-app sharing, but mostly takes advantage of Siri’s integration with third-party apps in iOS 10.
Version 2.16.10 of WhatsApp for iPhone arrived just hours later after Apple made available iOS 10 download IPSW links for eligible devices today. The update for iOS 10 running iPhone WhatsApp users brings with it several new features that includes option to send messages and make calls using Siri commands, or else receive calls directly from the Lock Screen and there is a new widget that shows recent chats and SMS texts.
WhatsApp client aside from Siri integration, also pushes incoming calls to the lock screen, making it so easy to iPhone user no longer have to swipe right on a notification to open the application when someone trying to interact with you. Rather, you can simply answer or decline WhatsApp Calls in the same way you are dealing with a regular phone call.
The update brings integration of Siri into WhatsApp iOS client, and users now be able to rely on Apple’s voice-assistant to send messages or place WhatsApp calls. In order to use this feature, an iPhone user will definitely need to be an iOS 10 runner that was made available as OTA last night in India.
Taking the new WhatsApp widget, that will let you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages. With quick forward button on photos and video inside chat as well. The most notable is a quick forward button for media that makes in-app sharing a lot more easier, and not finally but nevertheless, another new update now let you double tap your screen to switch between the front and rear (back) cameras when taking photos or videos.
The WhatsApp v2.16.10 for iOS doesn’t introduced GIF support and video calls as suggested by previous reports, or else rumors. It was also said that WhatsApp would be bringing Snapchat-like features to its platform, which will give the ability to scribble on pictures and also lets users add sticker to them. The same features were updated with the WhatsApp Android version APK and made available as a beta. It remains to be seen when all these changes and updated features will be arriving for iOS as well.
WhatsApp now has a brand new lock screen widget which allows user see how many unread messages you have without unlocking your device.
New features in WhatsApp for iPhone v2.16.10
- When forwarding messages, you can now send to multiple chats at once
- Ask Siri to send WhatsApp messages or place WhatsApp calls (iOS 10+)
- Answer WhatsApp calls right from your lock screen, just like a standard phone call (iOS 10+)
- A new Widget lets you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages (iOS 10+)
- Chats you frequently contact now appear when forwarding or sharing messages
- A new quick forward button on photos and videos in chats
- When taking photos or videos, double tap your screen to switch between the front and rear cameras
Download WhatsApp for iPhone version 2.16.10 for free right now from here.
You might also like to check out:
- Download iOS 10 / 10.0.1 Links & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download Beta: WhatsApp For Android To Get Doodling, Stickers, Bigger Emojis And More
- WhatsApp Is Now Sharing Your Data With Facebook, Here’s How To Turn It Off [Tutorial]
- WhatsApp Beta For Android Now Lets You Send Videos As Animated GIFs Images | Download WhatsApp APK