After PRIV, BlackBerry has officially launched two new DTEK50 and DTEK60 Android powered devices into the market of India. The latest smartphone from the Canada based company was the BlackBerry DTEK60, and the previous was the DTEK50, launched back in July. Here are the features, price info and also the availability date for the two new BlackBerry Android smartphones debuted today.
Both the BlackBerry DTEK50 and DTEK60 comes with an alert system that tells the owner of the device if any privacy issues arise. Touted with 8-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash and runs on Android Marshmallow out of the box. Other features include on DTEK60 are the fingerprint scanner which was missing in the DTEK50 and tied up with Optemus to spread their market across the country.
One of the major USPs of the phones are they comes with DTEK Security App, which according to BlackBerry is, it keeps a check on the OS and the installed applications continuously. First of all, the app aims to alert users if their privacy is at risk. BlacKberry claims that it has also included and improved the bootloader that enables a secure boot process. In addition, the app notifies users whenever photos or videos are taken or text messages are sent from their phones without their knowledge.
The DTEK50 and DTEK60 are the next-generation (second and third) Android phones to run the Google OS. The DTEK60 brings hosts of new upgrades when compared to DTEK50. There’s a new standard of Type-C port, alongside more RAM memory and internal storage. Both the DTEK50/DTEK60 comes preloaded with BlackBerry Hub, a social platform for communications like email, calendar, or phone calls.
Also like to review details:
- BlackBerry DTEK50 Is Officially ‘World’s Most Secured’ Android Smartphone Launched For US$299
- BlackBerry DTEK60 Goes Official With 5.5-Inch QHD Display, Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM For $499 Price Tag
With secured bootloader, the BlackBerry Android phones ‘DTEK60’ and the ‘DTEK50’ uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the mobile OS hasn’t been tampered with, in order to protect business data against hackers rooting the hardware. All data stored on the phone is protected with FIPS 140-2 encryption, and the already mentioned DTEK App lets you monitor and fix any security issues. Rest of its hardware keys includes:
BlackBerry DTEK60 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K Video recording at 30fps and slow-motion HD videos at 120fps
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.125um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash.
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm; Weight: 165g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, that is good enough to offer up to 26 hours of talk time and up to 17 hours of video playback.
The DTEK60 also offers a front flash, also called as the ‘selfie flash’ for well-lit selfies. PDAF, HDR, fast focus lock, panorama, burst mode, live filters, face detection, video image stabilization, 4x digital zoom, and dual tone LED flash also included.
BlackBerry DTEK50 Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD scratch-resistant display, with an oil-resistant coating to protect against fingerprint smudges.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with 550MHz Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via the microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f2.2, 84-degree wide angle lens
- Dimensions: 147×72.5×7.4mm; Weight: 135g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
- 2610mAh battery with fast charging
Price & Release Date
The BlackBerry DTEK60 will be available for purchase from December, which comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 46,990, respectively. The BB DTEK50 goes on sale starting Sunday – 13th November. Costs Rs. 21,990 approximately.
You might also like to check out:
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Vs LeEco Le Pro 3 Vs OnePlus 3 Vs Xiaomi Mi5: Price, Specs And Comparison
- Top 10 Smart Phones With Best Dual-Rear Camera Setup