How would the new Coolpad Note 3 Plus survive in the competitive world of sub-Rs 10,000 segment? Battle against Lenovo,, Xiaomi, Micromax and other budget-friendly smartphones. We took the stage to give you the best idea when choosing your new handset now.
Comparison chart includes CoolPad’s new Note 3 Plus vs Lenovo’s Vibe K5 Plus, Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 3 and of course Micromax’s Canvas 6 Pro. These four smartphones are currently in the list to compete with each other among its specifications and features.
All the four smartphones offer full HD (1920 x 1080) pixels resolution displays. While the Note 3 Plus, Redmi Note 3 and Canvas 6 Pro features a 5.5-inch screen, aprt from Vibe K5 Plus, comes with 5-inch screen.
CPU and RAM
Under-the-hood, the Note 3 Plus is powered by a MediaTek MT6753 64-bit octa-core and 3GB of RAM, whereas the Redmi Note 3 and Vibe K5 Plus comes with Snapdargon 650 and Snapdragon 616 chipsets and 2GB of RAM. The Canvas 6 Pro sports a MediaTek Helio X10 processor and paired with 4GB of RAM.
All these smartphones have 16GB of internal storage and supports microSD cards for expanding its space if needed more.
Coolpad’s new smartphone boasts a combination of 13-megapixel rear camera and 8-megapixel selfie sensor. Xiaomi’s smartphone, Redmi Note 3 carries a 16-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel, Lenovo’s Vibe K5 Plus hosts a 13MP/5MP sensors and the Micromax’s Canvas 6 Pro also gets 13MP/5MP cameras.
Battery and Connectivity
Here who sits on top is Redmi Note 3 with 4,000mAh battery, which is the biggest battery in this category, followed by the Note 3 Plus’ 3,000mAh unit. Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus lags behind a bit with a 2,750mAh battery and the Canvas 6 Pro counts with 3,000mAh battery package.
Four smartphones comes with usual bevy of connectivity options like dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE support, WiFi and Bluetooth. On the software front, these smartphones run on Android Lollipop wrapped under their respective custom UI skins.
In Brief: A detailed comparison table follows.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with scratch resistant glass
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor with Mali-T720 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Cool UI 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.9x77x9.3mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 178-degree viewing angle
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 ( 4x 1.2GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording, 120fps slow-motion
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 150x76x8.65 mm; Weight: 164g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4050mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 450 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Dual SIM (micro + micro)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Omnivision OV13850 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lenses, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 4P lenses
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, PM8916 audio codec
- Dimensions: 142x71x8.2mm; Weight: 142g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2750mAh removable battery
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Fully Laminated display with Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Mediatek Helio X10 (MT6795m) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, microSD card support
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Around UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera, 85.7-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Price and availability
The new Coolpad Note 3 Plus is priced at Rs 8,999 and will go on sale via Amazon.in from May 13 on-wards. Lenovo’s Vibe K5 Plus is the cheapest amongst other three with a price-tag of Rs 8,499 whereas the Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 3 is most expensive with a price tag of Rs 9,999 (2GB RAM+ 16GB ROM) and for 3GB RAM plus 32GB storage it costs around Rs 12,000. The Micromax Canvas 6 Pro is now available to pre-order, costs Rs 13,999 respectively.
You may also like to check out:
- LeEco Le 1S Vs. Lenovo K4 Note Vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 – Budget Phone Comparison
- Exclusive LeEco Le 1s Eco India Model With Entertainment Membership Launched For Rs 10899