Huawei’s Honor brand has announced Honor 6X smartphone for global markets at CES 2017 past week and few months after it was introduced in China. The same device is all set to be available in India that too exclusively on Amazon.in.
Honor last week sent out invites for January 24 launch date for Honor 6X dual-rear camera smartphone in India. Amazon, the India’s popular online portal has confirmed the device launch for the date given. As the official retail page for the phone looks like this.
First impression reviews however suggests that the smartphone Honor 6X is a mid-budget Android smartphone with metal body finish and the back panel of the 6X is curved to fit into the palm of your hand with an ease. This device is although been trending on Twitter as the SWAG phone and yet, it is no way garish or uniquely different.
The Huawei‘s e-brand is all set to launch their first smartphone for the year 2017, which already made waves in 2016 with the Honor 8 that too, came with a cool blue color and had the same dual-lens camera system while given the flagship phones a run for their money. Now, the company is looking to acquire the same with Honor 6X on January 24.
Here are the details to look at:
The Honor 6X comes with a 5.5-inch display that’s quite bright and is potent enough to given the best likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 a run for that money. Of course, it’s more bright and rich with specifications. It also flaunts with a full HD screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Majority of impressions goes for the dual-lens camera as the main USP’s of the Honor 6X. With two camera modules at the back are of 12-megapixel and another with a 2-megapixel count. This helps it capture more light and details when you are clicking images.
Despite that the level of detailing in images is excellent, the Honor 6X is not on top advanced as of Honor 8’s camera. But the Honor 6X is capable of clicking images in bokeh. Resulting images are something that can be found when captured with iPhone 7 Plus portrait mode. The comparison is unfair but so will be the price difference.
Next to speak of Honor 6X is that it two variants availability. One with 3GB RAM and the other with 4GB RAM in India. The one with 1GB less phone comes with 32GB storage space and the phone runs on Android Marshmallow operating system which is based on top of the Huawei EMUI 4.1 bloatware.
Apart from its dual camera setup, Honor 6X has a 4000mAh battery package, easily lasts two days with heavy to average usage. The device which we are in discussion has an integrated power management system as well that helps user utilize the battery power and the performance of the phone as per your requirement. Clever!
We can only expect the price as it would be under Rs 15,000 in India, Honor 6X might not be able to woo the Indian customers if not at this price point to be a winner.
Honor 6X Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB using microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minimum) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X comes in gold, silver and gray colors. Priced at US$ 249.99 (Rs. 17050 approx.) / EUR 249 for the 3GB RAM/32GB memory variant and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs US$ 299.99 (Rs. 20460 approx.) / EUR 299. Honor will sell the smartphone for $199.99 (Rs. 13645 approx.) along with freebies (case, Engine earphones and a selfie stick) for first 300 buyers through flash sale on Jan. 10, 17, 24, and 31.
You might also like to check out:
- 10 Best Android Phones At Your Budget Under Rs 15000
- Top 10 Smartphones With Dual-Rear Camera Setup 
- How Best Is Honor 8 Smartphone With Dual 12MP Rear Camera Vs Huawei P9, Other Hardware
- iPhone 8 Rumors Add 3D Dual-Lens Camera Tech Going Into The Works