Huawei’s Honor brand has officially announced the Honor 6X smartphone for the global markets this month at CES 2017. Finally today, the company has took India as the primary target to launch Honor 6X in the country as promised.
This same phone was launched in China back in October, and the main highlight of this budget-friendly smartphone would be its dual rear camera setup, where it sports a 12-megapixel sensor with PDAF alongside a 2-megapixel sensor right below it and underneath a LED flash. Here are some other details on how could Honor 6X better than Xiaomi’s newly launched Redmi Note 4 in the country, which comes in with three variants.
The Honor 6X smartphone with two camera sensor on its back is here now, as a rival to the newly released Redmi Note 4. Honor 6X has been made available to purchase in two different variants and its competitor in three.
Honor 6X Variants and Price in India
The first model of the Honor 6X is priced at Rs 12,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and the 4GB RAM plus 64GB storage variant costs Rs 15,999. Amazon also offers 10-percent cashback on SBI credit cards, up to 14GB of free data on select Airtel recharges, and up to 80% off on Kindle eBooks up to a maximum of Rs 300.
Honor 6X India Launch Date
First of all the Honor 6X sale will be held on February 2nd and the smartphone will be exclusively available on Amazon India. Registrations for the first sale open at 2pm IST on Tuesday and the device will come in Gold, Grey, and Silver colors.
Note: Currently, the 3GB RAM + 32GB Honor 6X model will only be available for now, while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant will become available sometime in the middle of February month.
- Nokia 6 Vs Redmi Note 3 Vs LeEco Le 2 Vs Coolpad Cool 1 Dual: Specs, Price Compared
- Download: Xiaomi Releases Stable MIUI 8.1.1 ROM-Based On Android Marshmallow For Redmi Note 3
- Vivo V5 Plus Selfie-Focused Smartphone Debuts At Rs 27980, Pre-Order Now
Honor 6X Specifications
With a hybrid dual-SIM (nano-SIM) card slot, the Honor 6X runs EMUI 4.1 OS on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. As per the company there’s a beta version of Android 7.0 Nougat update based on EMUI 5.0, will be available to buyers at launch, with the final version due to release in Q2 2017. The Honor 6X display measures 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display and pixel density of 403ppi. It’s also touting an ‘eye-comfort mode’ that filters out blue light. Under the hood, the new Honor 6X smartphone is powered by a Kirin 655 octa-core (4 cores at 2.1GHz + 4 cores at 1.7GHz) 16nm SoC.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds and there’s a inbuilt storage is expandable via microSD (up to 128GB). The Honor 6X sports a dual rear camera system with one 12-megapixel Sony MX386 sensor supporting Phase Detection Auto Focus time of 0.3 seconds and an additional 2-meaixel sensor right below it, that comes wth depth-of-field or Bokeh effects with a combined wide aperture range of f/0.95 – f/16. For selfies, on the front, Honor 6X bears an 8-megapixel camera with a 77-degree wide-angle lens and 1.25-micron pixels.
It has unibody metal design, the Honor 6X connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and GPS/ A-GPS. It paks a3340mAh battery, rated to deliver upto 600 hours of standby time and up to 11.5 hos of video playback and promises up to two days of battery life with normal use.
Honor 6X Vs Redmi Note 4 – Comparison In Brief
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (eMMC 5.0) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, Sony IMX258/Samsung S5K3L8 sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.45mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
Update X1: Over 2.5 lakh Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphones sold out in 10 minutes in first flash sale. We should now see how much trend the Huawei Honor 6X brings with it in its range.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 can be purchased exclusively from Flipkart and Mi.com starting from 23rd January, 12 noon.