Official introduction of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 finally made and takes the giant-screen Android phones to the next level. Everything here you need to know about the 5.7-inch Galaxy Note7, which impressively honoured with an iris scanner and something that can compete with the likes of its own segment, the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy S7 Edge. Here are the full specifications of the Samsung Mobile’s Galaxy Note 7.
The S Pen stylus-equipped Galaxy Note7 boasts many of the same features as its smaller variant of its predecessor, the Galaxy Note5. Additionally, to the end point of its design and waterproofing of the new S7 Edge. The main selling point for the addition integrated with an iris scanner that will do more than simply unlock your Galaxy Note7. Pre-orders for he phone begin today, as all four major US carriers will be offering the device.
There’s still another feature that work alongside iris scanner, Samsung Pass, a new security system that will let Galaxy Note7 owners access banking and other apps using your eyes. something like James Bond 007 style. Samsung is currently working with Bank of America, Citibank and US Bank for its Samsung Pass. Now that the iris scanner, which has been in the works for roughly half a decade, will allow users to lock folders, apps and other content.
The Galaxy Note7 smartphone is here which comes with a 5.7-inch touchscreen display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels Quad HD Super AMOLED display at a 518ppi engine. Under-the-hood, the Note7 include the S7/s7 Edge Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of RAM, wireless charging and much more.
Other than that, the Galaxy Note7 packs a 64GB of internal storage that can be expandable up to 256GB via microSD card. An hybrid Dual SIM slot is also provided, while the secondary SIM slot can be used for an SD card for expansion of space if needed. It sports a 12-megapixel primary camera sensor on the back and a 5-megapixel front-facing sensor for selfies.
Connectivity options inside Galaxy Note7 include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, 3500mAh (non-removable battery) unit. It measures in at 153.50 x 73.90 x 7.90 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 169.00 grams.
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB using microSD
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE Cat.12, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung Galaxy Note7 will be available stateside in black, silver and blue, beginning August 19.
You may also like to check out: