Sony has officially made available for purchase the new Xperia XZ flagship in the US retail stores. The Xperia XZ was actually unveiled at IFA last month with a smaller sibling called the Xperia X Compact, which was although gone for sale through Amazon last month. Now that the Xperia XZ is live in the United States to purchase as well. The device, Xperia XZ went up for pre-order already, gets an aluminum build and a strong set of internal features. Here is everything you need to know.
Sony’s Xperia XZ has all the way available from Amazon sale deals with a retail price of $699 for an unlocked variant. The device is however comes in Graphite Black and Platinum colors, unfortunately, the Forest Black option is missing as of today. On Amazon US, you can now buy Xperia XZ smartphone as it is selling quite well as stock is running out very quickly. Since it’s a US-based version, Xperia XZ doesn’t sport a fingerprint sensor like the international models.
Specifications wise, the Xperia XZ features a 5.2-inch full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels screen that uses Sony’s Triluminous technology for displaying rich and high-quality, vibrant colors. On the photography department, the rear camera is of 23-megapixel sensor with an f/2.0 aperture and LED flash, while the 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture is embedded on the front side of the device for selfies. Overall, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core CPU and paired with Adreno 530 GPU.
To keep the lights on, the Xperia XZ packs a 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage which is further expandable via microSD card up to 256GB. There’s 2990mAh (non-removable) Li-ion battery that supports fast charging via its USB Type-C port. Software on Xperia XZ comes running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box with Sony’s custom Xperia UI on top of the Google’s mobile OS. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C. It is also water resistant with IP65/IP68 ratings and has a dedicated camera shutter button.
Details in Brief:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB (Dual SIM) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
You can now head over to this link here to grab Sony Xperia XZ in the US with your bare hands directly from Amazon.