Full Vivo V5 specifications seems to be great and sits on top level of other Selfie-focused camera smartphone range in India. Particularly, the 20-megapixel front-facing sensor makes this one of the best Android powered phones in the country. In order to look at what it brings with it and the budget you’re going to pay while purchase, you should consider its hardware details as well. Here is everything you need to know about the newly launched V5 smartphone by Vivo into the chart.
Vivo claims that the new V5 is the world’s first smartphone to sport 20MP front camera paired with a selfie flash. Priced at Rs. 17,980 and it is now available from retail stores in India.
The Vivo V5 is the successor smartphone to V3, and it comes with decent upgrades, mainly focusing on the camera department. Available for purchase in two colors; Space Gray and Crown Gold.
The Chief Marketing Officer of Vivo, Vivek Zhang has confirmed that another model, called Vivo V5 Plus is on the cards, only difference would be that the Plus variant will feature dual front cameras. The Vivo V5 is highly being promoted heavily as the “perfect selfie” smartphone with Moonlight Glow flash technology. The Face Beauty 6.0 made in the camera pp enhances selfies, reduces blemishes, and can make faces look much slimmer.
Looks with rounded edges, the Vivo V5 gets a metal unibody design, and atenna bands at the bacl. The vilume and power buttons are on the left, while there’s still a Hybrid dual SIM card slot situated on the right side of the hardware. The bottom has a 3.5mm audio jack, microphone, Micro-USB port, and speaker grille. The Vivo logo at the back of the V5 smartphone embedded into the metal-clad giving the device an overal premium feel. The Home button on the front cannot be physically pressed, but with a fingerprint sensor integrated for added security.
Vivo claims that the biometric sensor is extremely fast and accurate that can unlock Vivo V5 in just 0.2 seconds, With the backlit capacitive navigation buttons on either side of the Home button, makes it more impressive. The smartphone features a 5.5-inch HD display with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass, offering an eye protection mode that filters outblue light to reduce strain.
The Vivo V5 is powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor paired with 4GB of RAM, There you get a 32GB of internal storage available, and can be expandable up to 128GB using a microSD card. There’s a 13MP rear camera with single LED flash at the back of Vivo V5. The camera app has options for the timer, video size, photo resolution, gender detection, plus toggling one-touch capture and the shutter sound.
The smartphone from Vivo with 20MP selfie camera runs on FunTouch OS 2.6 on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It packs a 3000mAh battery and no app drawer, but the interface is quite simplew to understand and navigate. Pre-installed apps on the Vivo V5 include Easy Share, Facebook, WhatsApp, and the whle Google suite of Android apps. The Control Center on the V5 comes up when you swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen, and there’s an option to adjust the brightness and volume, to take a screenshot, toggle the flashlight, and even open recently closed apps. Smart Screen Split is another new feature introduced with the V5 launch, that lets you use two apps at the same time.
The Vivo V5 has a Vivid display, very good battery life and has decent performance. Slimmer in design and light in weight and the front-facing camera is very good in daylight.
The Vivo V5 is being advertised as a metal-clad but has a Plastic body, underwhelming rear camera, hybrid SIM slot and furthermore, it comes with Custom OS-based on Android Marshmallow feeling cluttered.
When compared Vivo V5 with the likes of Gionee S6s and the Oppo F1s, both are best selfie-centric smartphones in the market right now. We can recommended choose from all these three smartphone: Vivo V5 vs Gionee S6s versus Oppo F1s under the same price points at Rs. 18,000.
Vivo V5 Specs
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, microSD card support up to 128GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 20MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh battery
Gionee S6s Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core Mediatek MT6753 Processor with Mali T-720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.2 UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot (micro SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 13MP camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 75.6 x 8.27mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3150mAh built-in battery
OPPO F1s Hardware Features
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.5 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with ColorOS 3.0
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with 5P lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 76 x 7.38mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3075mAh battery
Specifically, I advise my friends look at Vivo V5, which has impressive key features if they’re searching for a selfie smartphone. You can now buy Vivo V5 right away if you are impressed with its specs, pricing and other additions.
You might also like to check out: