It’s now official, as Micromax’s Yu Televentures has launched YUNICORN flagship smartphone, but many thinks it might end up competing with Micromax Canvas 6 Pro. For that you’ll need to know everything about what it gets and what not.
This is the new flagship from Micromax is a metal-clad smartphone and the same company is also responsible for the likes of Yu Yutopia, Yuphoria, Yureka and many more in the YU sub-brand. The new smartphone, YUNICORN runs custom version of Android 5.1 Lollipop “Android on Steroids”.
The Yunicorn will compete directly against Canvas 6 Pro and that aggressive pricing, while YU proves it couldn’t really hit the market with a premium range last time. It uses aluminum unibody metal mixed with magnesium which YU claims won’t die out over time. The smartphone is powered by MediaTek Helio P10 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. With 5.5-inch Full HD screen resolution of 1080p, it supports Miravision 2.0.
It has an 8.5mm slim metal frame and underneath a fingerprint sensor integration embedded into the Home button, that eventually allows users unlock the phone in less than 0.2 seconds. It’s said that the Around 2.0, an upgraded version of its equipped discovery button that lets you find everything you need with a single touch. Around YU also comes with an integration wallet UDID which makes cab-bookings effortless, that now has access to doctors on demand. The company says this will allow people at remote locations interact with doctors over video calls but again it will highly depend on the network connection that you are fixed in to.
The Yu Yunicorn smartphone sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with a combination of dual-tone LED flash, phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and a secondary FaceTime camera of 5-megapixel sensor. It packs a 4000mAh battery and DTS audio tech as well.
Details in brief
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness
- 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GBRAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 75.4×153.3×8.5 mm; Weight: 172g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, DTS audio
- 4G LTE,WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Yu Yunicorn comes in rush Silver, Graphite and limited edition of rush Gold colors. Priced at Rs. 12,999 starting the first month, exclusively. After that it will be setting you back at Rs. 13,499. Interested ones can purchase Yunicorn directly from Flipkart through flash sale – goes live from June 7th. Registrations for the sale will begin today at 2PM on-wards.
- 10% cash back for the SBI card users for the first flash sale
- UDIO wallet will be loaded with INR 100 after the first transaction, INR 100 in the second month and INR 100 in the third month
- 6 months free access to premium Gaana+ services that gives them access to unlimited song downloads
- Free first consultation from Lybrate, 30% off on two subsequent consultations and free answers to the common health queries
Rahul Sharma, Founder, YU Televentures at Yunicorn launch comments:
With YU, we stepped out to challenge the set norms, and it has been a great journey for all of us, which has seen us receive great support from our community, partners and consumers to make YU as the leading online smartphone brand in less than a year. With YUNICORN, we are integrating a great hardware with meaningful innovations that directly address ever evolving consumer needs at an unmatchable price point.
You may also like to check out: