You can now download iOS 11.2 beta 3 IPSW links and OTA update as well as read the release notes, changelog details and much more. As Apple has released the third iOS 11.2, watchOS 4.2, tvOS 11.2, and macOS 10.13.2 betas for developers testing purposes.
Registered members of Apple Developer Program can download and install the 3rd pre-release seed of iOS 11.2 immediately and on all compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices.
Alongside Apple released the third developer beta versions of watchOS 4.2 for Apple Watch, tvOS 11.2 for Apple TV and Apple TV 4K, and macOS 10.13.2 for Mac.
The first beta version of iOS 11.2 came to iPhone X and after a few days, to the public consumption. iOS 11.2 release notes and changes likely include AirPlay 2 and Apple Pay Cash support in addition to Sirikit for HomePod which was detailed at the end of October.
iOS 11.2 beta 3 changes include
A new Control Center explainer for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth behaviors.
There’s a new CC indicator on iPhone X (previously spotted from Apple but not in prior versions)
Like every beta release, Apple is asking developers to put beta 3 through its pace, feedback any issues to the relevant internal Apple departments through the usual mechanism. Just yesterday, Apple approved the developer assigned version of ‘Notch Remover‘ app for iPhone X. Apple also makes registered members test their own apps and wares to ensure that everything works correctly with iOS 11.2
There is a neat little feature baked into the iMessage experience allowing users to send peer-to-peer cash payments using Apple Pay with a simple message. It fixes Calculator bug and more.
What’s new in iOS 11.2 Beta 3
Albeit in beta. Developers will also get a version of iOS with a ton of smaller under-the-hood improvements, security updates put in place to make it more stable, reliable, and more secure. Indeed, the iOS 11.2 finally embarrassed to introduce the best usability enhancements and refinements.
Before you go through the installation process, you have the chance to check out every single change in the iOS 11.2 beta 3. Now, get-go right ahead and grab the latest update right away as an over-the-air update from Settings > General > Software Update on their compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 11.2 Beta 3 Changes, Release Notes, and Changelog Details
New in iOS 11.2
Introductory Pricing for Auto-Renewable Subscriptions
Soon, you’ll be able to offer new customers a discounted introductory price for your auto- renewable subscriptions on the App Store. iOS 11.2 introduces new classes (SKProductDiscount and SKProductSubscriptionPeriod) and new properties on SKProduct (subscriptionPeriod and introductoryPrice) to provide details on the introductory pricing and billing period you’ve selected for your auto-renewable subscriptions. You can use these new API additions to localize and display information about introductory pricing to your users. You’ll be able to configure introductory pricing on your in-app purchase page in iTunes Connect soon.
Notes and Known Issues
- Continuing from a breakpoint while debugging an ARSession may result in VIO breaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- AVCameraCalibrationData now contains correct information for the intrinsicMatrix property when using the TrueDepth camera on iPhone X. (34200225)
- InitializinganEKCalendarChooserfromEventKitnolongerresultinanappcrash. (34608102)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
Photos UI API Extensions
- In iOS 11.2 beta 1 or later, the user interface of a photo editing extension is no longer limited to the safe area. Apple recommends following the Human Interface Guidelines for content insets. (34189209)
- Playing a podcast with chapter markers will no longer crash Podcasts. (35117025)
- For a broadcast extension that a user starts from within an app, the value for the RPVideoSampleOrientationKey of the CMSampleBufferRef of type RPSampleBufferType is always portrait. Starting the broadcast extension from the Control Center returns the correct value. (34559925)
- DisplayingapagecontrolinUIPageViewControlleroniPhoneXnolongeroverlaps the home indicator at the bottom of the screen. (34478195)
- UsingamodelthatoutputsanimagewithVNCoreMLRequestnowworkscorrectly. (34023914)
- VNHomographicImageRegistrationRequest and VNDetectBarcodesRequest now work correctly with images when using a request handler based on a URL. (34919881)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases such as video. (32406440)
Xcode Known Issues
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause Messages to crash. (33657938)
Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down the Lock screen. (33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
Notes and Known Issues
- Under certain conditions, iTunes Store sign-in can fail when pairing. (35011633)
Workaround: Tap ‘Skip This Step’ to continue pairing and sign-in afterwards by launching Watch > General > Apple ID.
- In some cases, app icons may appear as placeholder images. (35146952)
Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app.
We have already installed the developer 3 on our devices and found nothing worthy anything reporting about. The new version of iOS 11.2 beta only brings fixes and minor improvements.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 11.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA Now Available For All Devices
- Install iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11, 11.1 , 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]