Just after seeding the last beta this week, now Apple has released iOS 11.4 beta 6 for testing community, meaning the final version is all set to go live this month itself to general public. Registered developers and public testers can grab the new iOS 11.4 beta from Apple’s Developer Center manually or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile installed from the center.
The iOS 11.4 update introduces a new ClassKit framework for educational institutions, which supports new features announced at Apple’s March 27 education-focused event.
For regular users without a developer account, the iOS 11.4 update adds features that were originally present in the iOS 11.3 beta until removed prior to release.
It includes support for Messages on iCloud, designed to store your iMessage in iCloud rather than on each individual device, allowing for improved syncing capabilities. Currently, incoming iMessages are sent to all devices where you’re signed in to your Apple ID, but there’s no true cross-device syncing.
The iOS 11.4 update also includes AirPlay 2 features, with the Apple TV once again available in the Home app. With this inclusion, the same audio content can be played in multiple rooms on devices that support AirPlay 2, including a feature that lets you ask Siri on one device to play content on another AirPlay 2-enabled device.
There’s also a new wallpaper for iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. It includes (PRODUCT)RED iPhone wallpaper, and not include for iPhone X. HomePod stereo support returns in beta, but requires unreleased HomePod beta firmware to work seamlessly. With this year’s WWDC just around the corner, Apple will understandably be keen to push iOS 11.4 in the public’s hands prior to the unveiling of iOS 12 during the opening Worldwide Developers Conference in June.
The sixth iOS 11.4 beta is available to download right now on iPhone and iPad via Settings > General > Software Update.
IPSW link of iOS 11.4 beta 6 which is restorable using iTunes can be downloaded via developer.apple.com.
Sixth betas for macOS 10.13.5, tvOS 11.4, and watchOS 4.3.1 were not released alongside today’s iOS beta.
Update x1: Official release notes of iOS 11.4 beta 6 can be found over at: iOS 11.4 Beta 6 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?.
Up next to check out:
- PUBG Mobile 0.6.3 APK Beta Update Rolls Out Featuring FPS Mode And More In China
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 Patch Notes Released In Full For English Global Version
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK Download, iOS Update Out As Season 2 Begins [English Version]
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links And OTA Update [Testers Only]
- iOS 11.4 Beta 5 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Update: Details On Exploiting iBoot Released Which Could Lead To Untether On Older Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue