Houdini, a genuine semi-jailbreak which was originally released with added iOS 11 compatibility has been updated. A hacker Abraham Masri, the developer behind the utility, had released a tool called Houdini that brought some jailbreak functionalities like the ability to theme and customize your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device on iOS 10.x (except iOS 10.3.3). Also, Masri quickly pointed out that it is not a jailbreak nor does it allow you to install jailbreak tweaks, which some websites are reporting.
Has today released Houdini Beta 2, which adds support for iOS 11.0 – 11.1.2. Otherwise, the second beta version that includes new changes and performance improvements.
Masri has also bundled in additional utilities and power with the beta 2 of Houdini release. It is a unique semi-jailbreak, it offers what is being referred to as its experience.
Running Houdini on a compatible device wouldn’t fully jailbreak the device, nor it would allow full packages with requiring Substrate or a full jailbreak to function (like untethered jailbreak does), but it will allow customization and theme-based tweaks to be installed.
That is the reason Houdini has instantly resonated with the theming community as well as individuals who only ever jailbreak a device in order to change how it looks and feels. And the latest bets 2 of Houdini jailbreak is here, extends support beyond iOS 10.3.2 with full compatibility for devices running iOS 11 through to iOS 11.1.2 thanks to Google’s Ian Ber work.
In addition to now being compatible with iOS 11.1.2, Masri has also made some additional changes to extend what Houdini is capable of providing to device owners along with some internal changes to improve the process, including security efficiencies.
The full changelog for the Houdini beta 2 release is as follows:
- iOS 11 support
- Faster startup time
- Change Icon shapes (iOS 11)
- System-wide ads Blocker (iOS 11)
- Change Emoji fonts (iOS 11)
- Change boot logo (iOS 11)
- Add your face to Animoji (iOS 11) (X only)
- Themes temporarily disabled (iOS 11)
- Added safety measurements
The aforementioned was the release notes, those using Houdini will now be able to change icon shapes and emoji fonts on iOS 11, as well as amendments to the boot logo when executed on one of Apple’s 64-bit devices running iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2.
If not, there are iPhone X-specific functionality in there in the form of adding a face to Animoji. With the previous release of Houdini, support is offered to all 64-bit devices running iOS 10.x – with the exception of iOS 10.3.3 – and is now extended to those running iOS 11 through to iOS 11.1.2.
You can grab the latest Houdini IPA version over at the official website here: iabem97.github.io/houdini_website/. Once had the IPA with you, check out the best guide on installing unsigned IPA files on your iPhone or iPad here: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac Using Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
- G0blin iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak IPA For 64-Bit Devices Is Compatible With Cydia And Substrate
- Batterygate Scandal Update: Apple Will Replace iPhone 6 And Later Battery For $29
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: LiberiOS 11.0.1 IPA For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak 11.2.1 / 11.2/ 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]