The Electra iOS 11.2-11.3.1 jailbreak now offers an all-new Safe Mode. This introduction of the official Safe Mode brings the Electra jailbreak in line with historical jailbreaks, which by means, the majority of them offered a Safe Mode through the inclusion of Cydia Substrate.
For those who have already jailbroken iOS 11.3.1 on iPhone and iPad using Electra 1131 are very much recommended to launch Cydia and get the packages refreshed as soon as is physically possible.
This refresh will throw up some updates and changes made to Substrate and Tweaks Injector, both of them should be downloaded and installed immediately. Is done successfully, the jailbroken device will not only have the latest updates on two of those packages but will also instantly have a device protected by the new official Safe Mode.
Just like older jailbreaks, the new Safe Mode comes with a UI that informs of what has actually happened:
Springboard ran into a problem and is now in Safe Mode.
Sileo/Tweak Loader did not cause this problem, but rather protected you from it.
If this does not usually happen, you can safely press the button below to go back to normal mode.
If that doesn’t work, please uninstall one of your tweaks through Sileo.
The UI then has a button at the bottom – a reference in the text – that is simply labeled “Respring.” This info is fairly well structured which gives the user an immediate idea of what’s going on. However, what it doesn’t do is actually highlight the tweak or package which actually caused the problem.
There are still some interesting things to see, the text references Sileo, a Cydia replacement or Cydia alternative store. This is the Electra team’s new creation for Cydia Installer. Although it’s yet to actually be bundled with the jailbreak. As such, if you are thrown into Safe Mode, then it is Cydia that you will have to launch to try and delete an erroneous tweak, package, or library.
One of the best things about Electra iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak’s Safe Mode is that it protects against, and largely prevents crashes, those horrible never-ending issues (boot-loop) scenarios where a device has an error with the compatibility of an installed package and then continually reboots. There is no guarantee that Safe Mode is definitely safe enough, catch-all integration but it’s undoubtedly better than what is currently in place.
(Via: @coolstarorg [Twitter])
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- iOS 11.4.1 To iOS 11.4 Beta 3 Downgrade No Longer Possible For Jailbreak, Reason Why?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- iOS 12 Dev Beta 4 Download, Public Beta 3 Expected Release Date
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]