Fidget Spinners Are The Latest Hot Things To Start Exploding Now

Wonder how these things which manages to control your anxiety and stress without using a battery or electricity, the Bluettoth-enabled fidget spinners exploding while charging. We admit that things like Hoverboards, Galaxy Note 7s, and BMWs are all going up in flames, and this time, you can add fidget spinners – not things in particular that should have batteries in the first place – to that list.

Fidget spinners has finally completed the 21st century novelty toy cycle this month, becoming something that could potentially burn down your house. Yes, according to local news reports, almost two bluetooth-enabled spinners have now burst into flames while charging, oh god.

When you ask for what is Fidget, then the answer will be that it’s a gadget or toy for anxiety, adhd, which is best in use for stress control and other mindblowing things. Mothers in Michigan and Alabama shared some similar stories about the toys, both of which had internal batteries to power Bluetooth speakers. In each case, the device was plugged into an outlet when it caught fire, melting the spinner and scorching the surface below.

In a completely expected twist in its sad, inevitable fate, two cases of exploding Bluetooth-activated fidget spinners have been reported this week. The fidget spinners, both of which used Bluetooth to hook up to phones to play music through built-in speakers, exploded while charging for less than 30 and 45 minutes, respectively.

While charging, how can a Bluetooth speaker/fidget spinner combo burst into flames is in question. The cause of the fire is almost certainly a cheap unsafe lithium-ion battery. With the speed that toys become powerful and mass-produced these days, it’s the case that the batteries inside don’t have many of the necessary safety features, though. Lithium-ion batteries can even store a lot of power, and if it’s accidentally released all at once, it normally makes flames.

That appears to be exactly what happened in both cases, mentioned above. “We were about five or 10 minutes from leaving the house for the day. [My son] noticed it burst into flames and he started screaming,” Kimberly Allums of Gardendale, Alabama, told WBRC. “I was downstairs and all I heard was, ‘fire, fire.’ The fidget spinner wasn’t smoking, it was in flames.”

Michelle Carr told NBC 25 that “the hand spinner caught fire after being on the charge for less than 30 minutes.”

Both spinners had Bluetooth speakers embedded, hence the charging, but other details about the models aren’t well known at this moment. Allums said the spinner had been charging for less than 45 minutes, and when she tried to identify the manufacturer of the faulty spinner, the mother only found words “Made in China” on the box it came in.

In a statement, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said that it is investigating these incidents and recommend users “stay with products that have batteries when they are charging”, followed by:

Never charge a product with batteries overnight while you are sleeping. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use the charger from the manufacturer that is designed specifically for your device.

CPSC is also investigating reported incidents involving children and fidget spinners. We advise parents to keep fidget spinners away from young children, because they can choke on small parts. Warn older children not to put fidget spinners in their mouths.

Consumers who experience safety issues with fidget spinners are urged to report the incidents at


You may also like to check out:

(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)