At this year’s CES, Ford discussed a new partnership with crowdsourcing navigation app Waze that aimed to bring Waze onto the touch screen of SYNC 3 vehicles through Ford’s AppLink. Now, the same partnership seems to have been fully realized with Waze users worldwide are able to connect their iPhones to AppLink via USB and mirror Waze on their infotainment system.
What is Waze? It is a free community-based GPS, Maps and Traffic Navigation app, especially designed for car drivers to join other drivers in your area who share real-time traffic and road information, saving gar money as well as everyone time on their daily commute.
Waze app can be downloaded on your iOS iPhone and Android phones for free, where Waze, outsmarting traffic altogether is possible. To get everyone the best route to work and back, every day, it’s the Waze vs Google Maps.
The same infotainment system app Waze on Ford’s SYNC 3 vehicles allow drivers to access their favorite Waze features when following a route, searching for a nearby Gas station, and even reporting traffic accidents. All while their iPhone is safely stored and locked. Voice guidance and commands are available as well as through a Ford vehicle’s speakers and microphone system.
The SYNC 3 integration includes recent Waze app updates like “Talk to Waze” for voice controls, route support for carpool lanes, more accurate arrival times, and more. The navigation features on Waze are fueled when users open their smartphones and were driving, with people typically using iPhone mounts and other products to safely drive without holding their devices.
Ford executive Don Butler explained how partnerships between carmakers like Ford and GPS apps like Waze further improve the safety of driving thanks to reducing potential smartphone distractions.
Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to access the smartphone features, apps and services they care about most in the car, without having to pick up their device,” said Don Butler, executive director, connected vehicle platform and product, Ford Motor Company. “With Waze, our customers get the benefits they’re accustomed to with the added luxury of experiencing them on a bigger screen.”
In order to access this new feature, users will need SYNC 3 software update version 3.0 or greater installed in their vehicle, as well as their phones topped-up with iOS 11.3 and above, and should have downloaded Waze app on the iPhone. Ford encourages customers to head on over to its official website for more details on Waze integration from here.
Up next to check out:
- PUBG Mobile 0.6.3 APK Beta Update Rolls Out Featuring FPS Mode And More In China
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 Patch Notes Released In Full For English Global Version
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK Download, iOS Update Out As Season 2 Begins [English Version]
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Update [Testers Only]
- iOS 11.4 Beta 6 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Update: Details On Exploiting iBoot Released Which Could Lead To Untether On Older Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue