Canon has officially launched the EOS 5D Mark IV, the successor to the legendary Canon 5D Mark III, a full-frame camera in India. It comes a day after its global announcement, and the camera has got considerable set of upgrades making the great. Making it the first 5D range viable for a video professional with 4K support and what to say more is that it improves on the legacy of EOS 5D Mark III and aligns itself with the capabilities of EOS 1D-X Mark II. Here are the complete details on it right below.
The EOS 5D Mark IV features an all-new 30.4-megapixel image sensor, which comes equipped with standard ISO setting of 100-32000, further expandable to ISO 50-120, 400. It also gets a speed bump in terms of shooting with 7fps continuous shooting speed. With the 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor, the DIGIC 6+ Image Processor on 5D Mark IV delivers 4K 30P video, while using Canon’s propriety Dual Pixel CMOS AF, even whin recording 4K videos to help ensure sharp focus and subject tracking.
Using Canon’s EOS D5 Mark IV, photographers would get dual pixel image sensor, which captures light individually – translating into better image reproduction. It is powered by Digic 6+ image processor with enhanced noise isolation and low-light shooting algorithm, which adds an in-camera digital lens optimizer for JPEG processing and color correction. By the way the camera comes with the same 3.2-inch touchscreen as its predecessor Mark III but nevertheless improves on the resolution with 1.62 million dots.
Introduced with the EOS 5D Mark IV are two new L-series EF lenses. The Canon EF 16-32mm 3/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens with an improved four-stop image stabilization, ghosting and flare reduction with air sphere coating. All the way it also becomes the first in the EOS 5D range to feature built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) for easy transfer of images and MP4 movies to compatible devices, as well as remote shooting when using the Canon Camera Compact App. Of course, it includes internal GPS receiving system with compass for precise geo-tagged info of latitude, longitude, and elevation.
The camera now supports 4K DCI capture at 30fps and 1080p at up to 60fps. Clean recording is available for 1080p video over HDMI, but not for 4K. The remote control connector has been moved to the front of the cam to fit in a larger micro USB 3.0 connector on the side panel, where the Mark IV still offers headphone jack, microphone, HDMI and PC sync connections. For storage, the 5D Mark IV gets dual memory card slots – one for CompactFlash and another for SD.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting
- 3.2-inch LCD full touch-screen monitor
- up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Supports CF cards (Type I, UDMA Mode 7), SD / SDHC / SDXC UHS-I memory cards
- Dimensions: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm; Weight: 800g (Body only), 890g / (Including battery, CF card, SD memory card),
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
- HDMI mini OUT terminal – Type C (Auto switching of resolution), 3.5mm stereo mini-jack and directional stereo microphone DM-E1 connection
Price and Release Date
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera with body-only version is priced at Rs. 2,54,995 (costs $3,499 in the US). Starting second week of September, it will be available across India. While he Canon 5D Mark IV with 24-70mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens will set you back at Rs. 3,06,995 (almost US$ 4399). The camera with 24-105mm F/4L IS II USM Lens costs Rs. 3,24,995 and in the US it goes up for $459 sale in October this year.
Kazutada Kobayashi, President and CEO, Canon India, said:
In building up this new DSLR camera, we listened to the solicitations of current EOS clients to make for them a cutting edge, adaptable camera intended to help them make and share excellent still and video symbolism. The EOS 5D Mark IV is really the most flexible EOS ever, all set to alter photography in India. With the dispatch of such transformative items, we anticipate our numbers to develop and accomplish a piece of the overall industry of 50 percent in the DSLR fragment.