Huawei has launched two of its promised smartphones “Honor 5X and Holly 2 Plus” in India, the first one is the successor to the Honor 4X device actually introduced in the country last year. Second handset made its unveil alongside the 5X would be the Honor Holly 2 Plus, which was unveiled as Enjoy 5 in China in 2015. Now that both the huawei handsets are available to purchase in the country through the respective Flipkart and Amazon portals.
These days in India, Lenovo has made available of high-end smartphones such as Vibe K4 Note and just after iterated K5 Note and recently Vibe X3. Followed by the LeEco Le 1s and Le Max into the country, and now Huawei, another Chinese manufacturer to compete with these devices has launched Honor 5X and Holly 2 Plus. When compared: LeEco Le 1S Vs. Lenovo K4 Note Vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 – Budget Phone Comparison.
Specs-wise, the Honor 5X features a 5.5-inch full HD 1080p IPS display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) chipset clocked at 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU. It’s paired with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
While the Honor Holly 2 Plus carries a 5-inch HD IPS display, 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6735 64-bit quad-core processor and Mali-T720 GPU. It is coupled with the same 2 gigs of memory and has support for expandable 128GB SD card.
Both the Honor 5X and Holly 2 Plus camera are similar with 13MP rear with LED flash and 5MP front cam. Runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion 3.1 UI, dual-SIM and as a whole compatible for 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS connectivity options.
The Honor 5x has a fingerprint sensor, Box speakers with Smart PA audio chip and that’s waht not has the Holly 2 Plus, which has a 4000mAh battery and the 5X has a 3000mAh package.
In brief when compared:
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony / Samsung sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture, 22mm wide-angle lens, 1.4 micron pixel size
- Dimensions: 151.3×76.3×8.15mm; Weight: 158g
- Fingerprint sensor, Box speakers with Smart PA audio chip
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- Silver and Sunset Gold colors
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with MicroSD
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (CDMA / 4G)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision BSI sensor, 28mm wide-angle lens, 6P lenses,
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 71.8 x 9.7mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
- Grey, Gold and White colors
The Huawei Honor 5X price in India goes at Rs. 12,999. Available for pre-order on Flipkart and Amazon.in starting today and goes officially on sale from February 1st. Honor Holly 2 Plus is priced at Rs. 8,499 and to buy it you have to wait until February 15, 2016.
You may also like to check out: