It seems like Xiaomi has entered into the gaming phone market, as the Chine vendor has introduced a new phone dubbed the Black Shark. Here are the details you need to know about it.
The newly announced device follows an investment made by Xiaomi in Black Shark Technology, a Chinese-based gaming company that will presumably form part of the Mi ecosystem. The Xiaomi Black Shark gaming device comes with an advanced liquid cooling solution, a dedicated gaming pad, Snapdragon 845 chip, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
It has a dedicated One-touch SHARK key that provides immersive gaming experience, too. The Black Shark gaming phone can also be used with the fingerprint sensor which is on the front to quickly access several features such as silent mode, DND and much more when gaming.
Design: The Black Shark’s black-green styling won’t exactly come as a surprise to anyone who’s seen the Razer Phone, the most prominent gaming phone on the market today, and of course, it’s a lot smoother and curvier. Also, check those green chamfered edges, a 1080p 21:9 display, and a 4000mAh battery.
The Black Shark phone gains its gamer credentials by way of an attachable analog’s stick controller that snaps onto one side of the screen. The phone’s main ingredient is supposedly the true “liquid cooling,” a team that’s previously been used for heat pipe-style colling solutions on phones like the Lumia 950, isn’t quite the same thing as what you’d find on a gaming PC. In any case, Black Shark is claiming temperature reductions of 8 degrees Celsius.
It has a specific image processing chip from Pixelworks, offering intelligent motion compensation technology, image enhancement, dark scene detail processing, for a smooth video quality while gaming. It has “X-style” unique antenna design so that there are no signal issues when holding the phone both vertically or horizontally.
With the Gamepad attached, you can easily attach that to the side of the Black Shark phone which weighs at just 40 grams. It has model number H66, uses Bluetooth 4.0, works on devices running Android 4.4 or later, which packs a 150mAh battery offering up to 30 hours of usage on a single charge.
Xiaomi Black Shark Gaming Phone [Specifications]
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 97% DCI-P3 color gamut, 550 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 20MP rear camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Speakers
- SHARK key for high performance gaming mode
- Dimensions: 161.6×75.4x 9.25mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Black Shark phone is available to preorder online now for 349 yuan (almost $480) for a model with 6GB RAM and 64GB of storage, that’s very cheap when you consider a phone with a Snapdragon 845. It comes in Polar Night Black and Sky Gray colors, and the Black Shark with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage version priced at yuan (US$ 557). The Gamepad itself costs 179 yuan (almost $29). It will go on sale officially starting April 20 in China.
Note: It’s not clear whether Xiaomi will be selling it directly.
Up next in Tech:
- Full PUBG PC 1.0 Update Patch Notes Detail Major Changes To The Blue Zone
- Fortnite 3.5.0 iOS Update Has Jailbreak Detection, Here’s What To Do Now
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK For Android, iOS App Global Release Is Inevitable
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 11.4 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date For iPhone And iPad
- PUBG Xbox Update 12, Patch Notes Released, Here Are The Details