Samsung had also snook out a new camera in Gear 360, alongside the unveiling of two latest Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones, and it’s intriguing indeed.
The Gear 360, as the name suggests is capable of taking full 360-degrees photos and videos, using to create content for Samsung’s Gear VR headset. Images and videos taken with the Gear 360 can also be viewed in 2D via Samsung’s mobile apps, while shooting on the Gear 360. Users will be able to preview the content on one newly unveiled compatible smartphones. Yes! The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge are top of that supportive list.
Best part here is what? Featuring a 72×32 display, built-in WiFi connectivity combined with two 15-megapixel fisheye lenses, the Gear 360 is by far capable of taking either 1920 x 3840, 360-degree video, or 30MP still images according to Samsung. All of that data recorded needs saving somewhere, so the inclusion of a micro-SD card reader helps you take complete advantage of up to 128GB cards is a welcome bullet point on the hardware specifications sheet.
Most important aspect to consider right now of the Gear 360 is its’ compact and portability. Smaller than a baseball and weighing in at just 153 grams, the Gear 360 is intended to be small and light enough to carry anywhere with you. Nobody ever needs something big or heavy that will never make its way out of the home, but things like this size can live in a bag without causing too many problems.
- Two CMOS 15 megapixel fisheye cameras
- DRIMe5s Image Processor
- MP4 (H.265) Video – Dual Lens: 3840×1920 (30fps)
- Image – JPEG Dual Lens: 30M (7776×3888)
- Audio Codec: MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, Format: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG
- microSD card (Up to 128GB)
- 0.5” (72 x 32) PMOLE display
- Shooting mode – Video, Photo, Time Lapse Video, Looping Video
- Dual and Single Lens mode
- Sharpness, White Balance, HDR, EV, ISO limit, Wind cut setting
- IP53 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- Small on-camera display for status and settings
- Support for Samsung Gear 360 App, PC S/W (Gear 360 ActionDirector)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.1, USB 2.0, NFC, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Dimension: 66.7×56.2×60 mm
Pricing for the Samsung Gear 360 has not been announced as yet, but it will go on sale in selected countries some time in second quarter, between April or June. Could be May, whatsoever.
You may also like to check out: