Just after introducing Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung has officially announced the Gear 360 VR Cam, as the company’s first 360-degree virtual reality camera at its Unpacked 2016 media event. Details on this hardware can be found right after this jump.
With a dual fisheye lenses, Samsung‘s Gaer 360 VR camera specifically got hold on 15-megapixel image sensoors on both and can capture up to a high-resolution of 3480 x 1920 pixels 360-degree video and it also supports 30MP still images with its LG Rolling Ball like rounded gadget.
Users of Gear 360 VR camera can shoot up to 180-degrees wide-angle videos and images, only by using one side of the camera lens setup. Gear 360 certainly offers Bright Lens F2.0 aperture, which creates high-res images even in low-light conditions, so that users can make full Panaromic videos.
Samsung’s new virtual reality camera, Gear 360 features a user-friendly tripod and also compatible with a wider election of accessories and mounts, currently only available on the market. It can also be synced with Samsung mobiles, and users will be able to preview content in real time while recording.
The Gaer 360 virtual reality hardware will automatically fire up filmed content to users view point and save on their Galaxy smartphones or can be uploaded and shared directly on social networks including Facebook, YouTube and Google StreetView. All features of Gear 360 can be experienced through a dedicated mobile app, which is now available to download from Galaxy Apps, Google Play Store and PC software in depth editing capabilities.
Specifications In Brief:
- Two CMOS 15 megapixel fisheye cameras
- DRIMe5s Image Processor
- MP4 (H.265) Video – Dual Lens: 3840×1920 (30fps)
- Image – JPEG Dual Lens: 30M (7776×3888)
- Audio Codec: MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, Format: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG
- microSD card (Up to 128GB)
- 0.5” (72 x 32) PMOLE display
- Shooting mode – Video, Photo, Time Lapse Video, Looping Video
- Dual and Single Lens mode
- Sharpness, White Balance, HDR, EV, ISO limit, Wind cut setting
- IP53 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- Small on-camera display for status and settings
- Support for Samsung Gear 360 App, PC S/W (Gear 360 ActionDirector)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.1, USB 2.0, NFC, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Dimension: 66.7×56.2×60 mm
For now Gear 360 VR camera is compatible with a limited Samsung phones, including the newly launched Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Galaxy S6+, Note 5, S6 Edge and S6. Availability of the Gear 360 VR camera can be expected in the Q2 2016 in select countries. Price listing is unknown at the moment.