At Samsung’s IFA 2017, the successor to last year’s Gear Fit 2 with a new watch-style clasp been introduced, called Gear Fit2 Pro. With a 1.5-inch Curved Super AMOLED screen, it has a built-in GPS tracker and runs on Tizen OS, similar to its predecessor.
It is 5 ATM certified making it a water resistance wearable that can be put under water for up to 50 meters. The new Gear Fit2 Pro has Speedos swimming training app Speedo On that lets you track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, stroke type and much more.
The smart fitness tracker band is also MIL-STD-810G certified for durability so that it can handle a wide-range of environments. As in our previous story wrote about this, it also has Spotify with support for Offline mode. And at a reasonable price-tag, Samsung is offering the new Gear Fit2 Pro at cheaper budget.
It brings with it tiny changes but big improvements. At a relatively affordable $200, the new Gear Fit2 Pro is poised to be a popular gift. It adds a handful of updates to the existing Fit2 activity band to make it even better tracker than earlier. Especially for swimmers and runners.
Impressed by how a few small enhancements helped the Fit 2 Pro feel like a huge improvement on its predecessor. The Fit 2 Pro can track your swims with the company’s own S Health app or a new Speedo app that’s launched along with the new Gear wearables.
The difference between the two is that S Health can track your heart rate during your swim as well, something the Speedo version can’t do. When it detects that you’re in underwater, the Fit 2 Pro will go into something called Water Lock Mode, which prevents water bubbles from activating or interacting with your screen.
The new Fit 2 Pro comes in small and large sizes. Still, the Fit 2 Pro’s bright when compared to last year’s gadget. It has colorful screen and it is responsive as when swiped through widget after widget on the band’s Tizen-based OS.
The device now onward will continuously track your heart rate and automatically detect your workouts once you’ve been engaged for at least 10 minutes. Both the Gear Sport and Fit 2 Pro now also lets you enter your calorie intake from your wrist, saving you from having a dig around for your phone after a meal.
Like the Fit 2, the Pro variant has built-in GPS to make it possible to map your runs and bike rides without your phone, as well as get more-accurate calculations for your running pace. Having Spotify playlists offline makes the Fit 2 Pro a better running or long-distance workout companion, and the water-resistance and swim-tracking apps add swimming to the list of activities you can monitor with the band.
Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Specifications
- 1.5-inch (216 x 432 pixels) Curved Super AMOLED display, 310 ppi
Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- 5 ATM water resistance, MIL STD 810G
- Tizen OS (Compatible with Andr phones running Android 4.4 or later iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6s Plus, SE, 5 with iOS 9.0 or later)
- Standalone music player
- Dimensions: 51.3 x 25.0 mm; Weight: 34g (Large), 33g (Small)
- Bluetooth v4.2, , Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer
- 200mAh battery with up to 5 days of battery life with occasional use and 3 to 4 days with average use
The Fit 2 Pro is a compelling activity tracker for those who want a full-featured fitness band with smartwatch-like characteristics as well as a brilliant display. It will be available for pre-order on August 31. It comes in Black and Red colors in small and large sizes. Final iteration starting from September 15th.
Also like to check out:
- Hack: iOS 10.3.2 And iOS 11 Beta Jailbreak Gets Video Demo
- Download GBA4iOS 2.1 IPA On iOS 10/iOS 11 iPhone To Play Retro Games
- Kodi 17.5 Nightly Alpha Download For Android, iOS, Windows, Mac Released
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 8 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]