Both the Sony Xperia Z5 and Z5 Premium Dual gadgets were announced at IFA event last month in Berlin and to be in the high-end smartphones competition with professional look and aesthetics, the Japanese firm has finally set for rivarly action into Indian market, just a week after Apple’s iPhone 6s and 6s Plus made its way into the country.
No real secrets left to hide and we’re ready to reveal what exactly and how the two 4G-enabled hardware will have their place in the marketplace with an not affordable price-tag.
Starting with the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual specification. As it promised the handset brings with it a 5.5-inch Triluminos Display at a screen resolution of 3840×2160 pixels with a pixel density of 806ppi. Under the hood, the Z5 Premium is packing an Octa-Core Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 CPU, graphics paired with Adreno 430 GPU chip, 3GB of RAM memory and 32GB of internal storage, which is further expandable up to 200GB via microSD card.
Impressive one to talk about the Xperia Z5 Premium running on stock Android 5.1 Lollipop would be its photography department, which Sony has equipped with a 23-megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Sony G lens, Hybrid AF speed of 0.03s, capable of 4K video recording. On the forward-facing it poses with only an 5MP selfie 1080p cam with EXMOR R sensor.
Connectivity features you can find on the Xperia Z5 Premium is a dual-SIM support and offers 4G LTE capable for LTE bands of India. Fingerprint scanner is also fully-integrated into the power button, which nevertheless comes with Sony’s LDAC audio compression codec that delivers high-definition wireless music playback with high-quality music experience.
What we forgot to mention is is alsohas IPX5 / IPX8 ratings for dust and water resistance with cap-less USB. It will be available in Black, Gold and Chrome colors from November 7th.
Pre-orders for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual priced at Rs Rs. 62,990 starts from October 23rd till Nov. 4th exclusively on Flipkart and from retail outlets. Those who already pre-ordered it will get a free Bluetooth Headset, a free smart Cover worth INR 3500, Quick charger inside the box and app content over Rs 400 respectively.
The Sony Xperia Z5 Dual is another LTE-capable smartphone also comes alongside the Premium version with similar innards. While the only difference between the two would be the package and display – the Xperia Z5 bears a 2900mAh battery, the Xperia Z5 Premium bears a 3430mAh battery.
Sony Xperia Z5 Dual Specifications In Brief:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display at 424 PPI
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 sensor, G lens, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm; Weight: 154 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2900mAh Battery with STAMINA mode, Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
It comes in Graphite Black, Gold and Green colors, is priced at Rs. 52,990 in India and will be available to buy from October 23rd. It is also offers with free smart cover worth Rs. 3500, Quick charger in the box and app content over Rs. 4000.