This month on August 9 Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9 is all set to go live, followed next month will see Apple announce three new iPhones, and also Google has a flagship or two up its sleeve that we would be paying attention to. In particular, Google’s Pixel 3 XL, the bigger variant of the Pixel 3 – will be announced alongside it has appeared on an unboxed video showing off its great look and other aspects.
Now we have what appears to be our first glimpse at the Pixel 3 XL device ahead of its official announcement in or around March. The new showcasing comes courtesy of a leaked video in which the device appears to be unboxed, although the Ukranian blogger involved appears to suggest that it is a pre-release model.
Fine! The exact source of the handset or whether it’s likely that the final shipping product will differ from what we see here. But again, we wouldn’t expect any huge or sweeping changes at this point. So what we see here is likely to be what we will get in October, and that means a couple of things.
Right of the bat, it definitely looks like the Pixel 3 XL will ship with a notch that is a bit taller than that in the iPhone X and the iOS devices that will be released this year. The notch, which finds itself on the yet un-announced Pixel 3 XL allows for an edge-to-edge display. Otherwise, it has to be noted that at the bottom of the handset is a noticeable chin, which is likely to disappoint those who hoped it would not be there, including us.
Moving on, we have the Pixel 3 XL in its all glory, thanks to the live images. Thus we also have confirmation via the Settings app, assuming that this does represent the shipping model, that the screen resolution will be 1,440 by 2,960, with a pixel density of 494 pixels per inch. The leak also gives us the full unboxing experiences with the stuff we will get within the box; USB Type-C headphones, USB-C cable, adapter, 3.5mm to USB Type-C dongle, in-ear style earphones, and some documentation.
Note: The notch area will accompany the front-facing selfie sensor, the usual set of the camera system. On the rear, only a single camera, fingerprint scanner, LED flash, and Google logo.
Specifications-wise, the leaked device might sport a 6-inch display, powered by the Snapdragon 845, 4GB RAM, 64GB base storage space, running the latest Android Pie operating system out of the box.
However, the leak confirms most of the Pixel 3 XL details that have been in the news for a long time now, except for the pricing and availability. We would expect to see more of the Pixel 3 XL and indeed the Pixel 3 over the coming weeks.
Interestingly, this leak appeared on the eve of the Galaxy Note 9 announcement, which might be a coincidence, but it’s also possible this was a controlled leak by the folks at Google.
(source: Ben Geskin [Twitter])
Next up to check out:
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- iOS 12 Beta 6 Download Of IPSW Links And OTA Update Along With watchOS 5, tvOS 12, macOS 10.14 Released
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 6 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]