NPCI has made available for download BHIM iOS app to all iPhone and iPad users, as it has been launched for Android owners in the past. Almost a month after it debut on Google Play Store, BHIM is finally gone live on iTunes App Store, which now support only Hindi and English languages. Here’s how to setup and use it for online payments.
The BHIM app is said to offer support only to 35 banks, which is expected to add more banks along with other local languages in the future. Within 10 days of its launch, BHIM app has been downloaded by 1.1 crore people in the country. It was BHIM app available for Android in its first session, but not for iOS.
BHIM app has been placed on top of the best UPI applications, and became one of many choices, because it’s the easiest way of money transfer and for its simplicity and ease. It’s clean and vibrant, BHIM doesn’t have too many functions in its app that is why it is easy to operate.
On Android, BHIM app has seen over 14 million registrations, according to IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad’s statement “The recently launched BHIM app by the government of India will unleash the power of mobile phones for digital payments and financial inclusion. So far, over 140 lakh (14 million) people have adopted the BHIM app.”
WQhen compared to ther several UPI based apps, such as ICICI Bank’s iMobile and Yes Banks Phonepe were the pioneer, folloed by other banks in launching their own UPI apps. Finally, SBI Pay and Baroda MPay were introduced, which were simpler than others aforementioned. After the release of BHIM app, has beaten all of them with its simpliest and easest addition. However, to make UPI app more simple and easy, it was necessary to forgo some features of UPI. It is a bsic UPI app for all, talking about BHIM app.
Now, BHIM app for iOS is here, unlike Android users transaction of Rs 20,000 per day, the iPhone users can only send not more than Rs 10,000 for each transaction they make.
Basic Features of BHIM
Somewhat like Android BHIM app, for iOS gives an easy method of payment and fund transfer. Following basic features of a UPI app includes:
- You can transfer fund to any bank account.
- You don’t need to register the payee beforehand.
- BHIM transfers money immediately.
- Transfer money anytime, even on holidays or night.
- You don’t need to know the bank account number of the payee.
- There is no need of ‘internet banking activated’ to use BHIM app.
Besides the regular features of a UPI app, the BHIM has some unique features.
- Through the BHIM app, you can transfer money to a person only using his mobile number. It makes the money transfer very easy.
- You can also transfer fund to a virtual payment address and bank account number
- Besides UPI PIN, you would be able to authenticate the fund transfer using your fingerprints.
- This app would also work on feature phone without internet.
- There is ‘Scan and Pay’ facility. It makes the payment transfer fast, specially at a shop.
- You can also check bank balance of the account. It is not limited to the parent bank of the app.
- There is a extensive FAQ about the app. It makes BHIM app very helpful to novice users.
- The BHIM app gives you a link to directly call the respective bank if there is an issue. In fact, it has saved the customer care number of all the banks.
- You can easily download and share your QR code. This code can be used to pay to you.
Updated BHIM app Brings New Features
- Now BHIM app is available on 9 different language. You can choose one.
- You can also use the Aadhaar number to transfer money through this app. However the Aadhaar of the beneficiary should be linked to a bank account.
- You can block a person who sends the span ‘Collect request’
- You can also report any issue through this app.
Banks Available on BHIM app
Customers of these banks can use the BHIM app. There are 35 banks.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Yes Bank Ltd
How To Setup BHIM App On your iOS Device
Step 1: Download and install BHIM app from iOS App Store. Note that there are several fake apps with the same name on the list so cross check if the app is created by the national Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Assume that your iPhone or iPad is not iOS jailbroken, if you have your device in jailbreak state, BHIM app will not work, rather gives you a notification like this.
Step 2: Once installed. Open the app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. Choose your language – either Hindi or English.
Step 3: Next, you have to verify your mobile number.
Step 4: Now, Set a passcode and select your Bank you want to use for transactions.
Step 5: You will need to set up a 4-digit UPI PIN to make transactions later using Bharat Interface For Money (BHIM).
Step 6: It will now be redirected to a new page where you can either Send, Request or Scan and Pay money.
Step 7: Select the options based on what you intend to do. Enter the intended persons mobile/payment address which will be in the format (mobile number@upi or name@upi).
That’s it! You are now good to go easily.